• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

I haven't read any of the COVID threads on these here OGB boards to know if this has made the rounds, but among hospital employees, there has been a push for religious vaccine exemptions based upon the testing of the vaccine on fetal cell lines. The problem with this is that it requires the individual also to eschew a boat load of common medications, like Benadryl, Sudafed, and Tylenol.

I don't know any more about Rolovich than what I've read in the last 24 hours, but I wonder if that's the legal fine line he's trying to walk. To me, it's an obvious attempt to circumvent the mandate, but IANAL. However, I wonder if it might be a way for a Catholic to assert a "sincerely held religious belief", irrespective of what the Pope has said.

If he takes Advil, that argument is down the tubes. Someone posted a long list of common meds who were developed the same way, including Advil.

Rolovich is suing the Washington State: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32437269/ex-washington-state-coach-nick-rolovich-sue-firing

Had to be a clause in the contract which required Rolovich, in carrying out his duties as WSU coach, to abide by all applicable laws and regulations. He didn't. Realize that the move to sue was made in the hopes that Wazzu would rather settle than fight this, but this seems like a case that could be decided on a motion to dismiss or summary judgment.

His lawyer (and he) probably believe Wazzou will settle the case and he'll about half of what he's due. That's how most of these lawsuits end and what they're designed to accomplish.

USC had to cheat to win the natty. Didn’t even count.

Didn't Danny Ford's Clemson do the same? Went on probation the next year. A Clemson friend maintained that, whatever they did, it was worth it. Their title was not vacated.

Haha! Yeah winning a tile in Southern Cali would be a big deal for like 5 minutes. Win one in SEC and you are a god albeit for a short period of time, but still. Baton Rouge is a dump, but SEC is king of hill. No one can deny that. Ain’t that right biff?

Coach O won one like 20 months ago.

From Andy Staples' latest mailbag column, in a question about who LSU might target.
Any of those coaches would make sense. But who else might make sense? Let’s offer some free search firm advice.

• Wake Forest coach Dave Clawson

Clawson’s one-season tenure as Tennessee’s offensive coordinator in 2008 — the year Phillip Fulmer got fired — has tainted the way he’s viewed nationally. The fact is that Clawson has worked miracles in every place he’s been a head coach. He won at Fordham. He won at Richmond. He won at Bowling Green. And now he’s got the Demon Deacons undefeated and in position to compete for the ACC title. The prevailing thought is that Clawson would only move to another academically elite school — which would limit him to schools such as Michigan or Stanford or Virginia — but he has won at a school that doesn’t fit that profile. Once he rebuilt the program, Clawson’s level of success at Bowling Green wasn’t that different from Urban Meyer’s a decade earlier. Perhaps Clawson could be as successful as Meyer was at a super-premium program. Clawson’s history suggests he would be.

I'm convinced that Clawson is gone after this year. I have no info, but when I look at all of the P5 openings, I see a big game of musical chairs coming and Clawson is likely to be a sought after candidate. Currie doesn't seem like a bidding war kind of guy.

Clawson is not going to get hired by USC or LSU... But let's say Franklin leaves Penn State or Tucker leaves Michigan State (for example). Why wouldn't either of those programs take a serious look at Clawson?

We thought Michigan State was going to take a series look at Clawson two years ago and they didn't. Obviously a 10+ win season gets him another look, but I'm a little more optimistic than you.

I'm convinced that Clawson is gone after this year. I have no info, but when I look at all of the P5 openings, I see a big game of musical chairs coming and Clawson is likely to be a sought after candidate. Currie doesn't seem like a bidding war kind of guy.

Clawson is not going to get hired by USC or LSU... But let's say Franklin leaves Penn State or Tucker leaves Michigan State (for example). Why wouldn't either of those programs take a serious look at Clawson?

If that is what Clawson wants I'll be very happy for him, but I'm not 100 percent that is what he wants.

Like I said... I know nothing. But I like to make predictions.

Penn State and Michigan State were just two examples. Those jobs might not even open. But it feels like the carousel will be rapidly spinning in a month or so. USC & LSU are going to want to have something in place before the 12/15 early signing day. Can't afford to lose a recruiting cycle.

If Will Muschamp takes the other USC job Clawson might want to join Kirby's staff as Special Teams Coach.

Clawson ain't going anywhere. He stuck his toe in the jock run programs and got burned. We will get him $4 million this year. He's a Williams graduate that makes him smarter than most of you dumb fucks. Clawson retires as the Wake head coach.

Anything is possible, but don't see Clawson at Michigan State. Understand that they have had good start to the season, and managed to get in the CFP once, but that school has lots of issues. Penn State would be a possibility, but they don't even have an opening right now.

FWIW, Clawson is hot name right now because WF is unbeaten and ranked. If WF has a magical 12-2 or 11-3 type of season (note that would include an ACCCG appearance), he deservedly would be a candidate for every opening in the country. If WF had that type of season, then god bless Coach Clawson and I wish him well. If WF goes 9-4 and plays in the Military Bowl, then I don't see the caliber of school offering him, which would be needed to draw him away from WF. Right now, I'm just loving ride, and if an incredibly successful season means WF might lose a great coach, I will take that any day.

Clawson ain't going anywhere. He stuck his toe in the jock run programs and got burned. We will get him $4 million this year. He's a Williams graduate that makes him smarter than most of you dumb fucks. Clawson retires as the Wake head coach.

I'm acquaintances with a guy who went to Williams with Clawson and is still friends with him. I don't really think of him as smarter than myself.

Back