• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

If this happens and we get to the CFP- I will gladly pack his bags to go to Michigan, LSU, USC, Penn State, etc- heck….even if we win the ACC

After we run the table why would he want to go to some loser program like USC? We probably offer a fat extension and a Gundy-esque lifetime contract. This is 4D chess, big brain shit. Can't be the stepping stone when you bring your own chair to the table.

Franklin's name has been connected with the USC coaching vacancy since it opened in September. He also has been mentioned as a potential candidate at LSU, which announced earlier this month that coach Ed Orgeron will not return in 2022.

Franklin, in his eighth season at Penn State, said Tuesday that speculation about his future has not come up in discussions with staff members or players on the team's leadership council.

"We've kept it very direct," Franklin said. "There's things that we have discussions in great detail in our building with our family and the players and the staff. We try to do that the best we possibly can. We've done a pretty good job of that over my eight years here, and we'll continue to try to do that. There's things that we can control and there's things that we can't from the outside. But this has been a story that's happened on numerous occasions, and we try to keep it as focused as we possibly can."

HE GONE!

If Clawson goes to Penn State, Currie better get a few home-homes out of it.

Well earlier today Franklin said that he is totally focused on prepping for Illinois this week (they're playing Ohio State) and mentioned having to go play in "The Big House" (again, they're playing Ohio State). Sounds like he's totally focused on PSU.

In all fairness though, I get how anyone who had to live through that PSU-Illinois game in person probably developed some weird coping mechanism and thinks it's still being played.

There are a bunch of VPI fans on twitter who think they can hire Clawson :bowrofl:

There are a bunch of VPI fans on twitter who think they can hire Clawson :bowrofl:

Even if we fold the rest of this year- he could go somewhere much better than freaking Blacksburg - miserable place

Clawson has been candid about the benefits of an extra year of eligibility to his developmental program. There are three more classes from which he can benefit, at a time when the traditional ACC power programs are down. If this team goes from good to great, it could remain great. Just a thought.

Well that's confusing. He inherited a dumpster fire and they're one game away from bowl eligibility, albeit with a tough four games left. Then again, this is the school that ran Mike Leach out of town.

Craig James had a lot to do with that.

Anybody who thinks Clawson isn't "on lists" is kidding themselves. I guarantee you Clawson's on many short lists right now and was on some even before this season. He's smart, media savvy, and well-respected, and that combo would allow him to keep any interest shown by other schools on the DL.

We should all do what we can to support him and the team and wish him well if he moves on. I have upped my DC contributions to the next giving level this fall and suggest others do the same. Show him the love. . . .

Ruggiero doesn’t want to be a head coach and Higgins is probably closer to retirement than a head job.

Is this your guess or do you have more information on Ruggiero's professional goals? The Peter Thamel article on Yahoo makes it sound like Clawson is really trying to position Ruggiero for a head coaching job somewhere.

Is this your guess or do you have more information on Ruggiero's professional goals? The Peter Thamel article on Yahoo makes it sound like Clawson is really trying to position Ruggiero for a head coaching job somewhere.

Ruggiero was quoted as saying that in an article a few months ago.

Back