• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Rumors are going around that Miami is readying a big offer to Lane Kiffin. Apparently, the interest is mutual. Kiffin liked South Florida when he coached FAU, he recruits well there, and the SEC West is a long term losing proposition for Ole Miss.

Rumors are going around that Miami is readying a big offer to Lane Kiffin. Apparently, the interest is mutual. Kiffin liked South Florida when he coached FAU, he recruits well there, and the SEC West is a long term losing proposition for Ole Miss.

and who is making this decision at Miami? they also need to fire their coach first.

and who is making this decision at Miami? they also need to fire their coach first.

543ee868.jpg

I disagree with BC being a national football brand - the Flutie Miracle in Miami was 37 years ago, and since then their only notable period of relevancy was two good seasons with Matt Ryan and Luke Kuechly 15 years ago.

So now you agree that Diaz is gone?

Cristobal is the first call. I think he leaves if they don’t make the CFP.

Kiffin makes a lot of sense at Miami. Definitely a cultural fit.

No one really cares about college sports in Boston

what is Lane's ultimate end goal? he's had so many jobs at top tier teams yet keeps moving on. some were firings, obviously, but still.

Lane’s ultimate goal is to make most headlines as possible and get as much media attention as he possibly can. He can do that much easier in Miami than in Oxford

Lane’s ultimate goal is to make most headlines as possible and get as much media attention as he possibly can. He can do that much easier in Miami than in Oxford

Also, every coach is banging his head against the wall in the SEC West. Bama goes 11-1 in an off year. Texas A&M has open checkbook for its coaching staff. LSU won a Natty two years ago. There are no easy outs in the rest of the division (Arkansas, Auburn, Miss State), and either Oklahoma and Texas will be added shortly. Hard to imagine any scenario where Ole Miss makes the CFP playoff coming out of that division. Who is the power in the ACC Coastal? That's why a different team wins every year because no one is consistently good on that side of the ACC. There is no reason why a Miami team with the right coach can't regularly win the Coastal and at least occasionally get into the CFP conversation. Just amazing how underwhelming Miami has been.

Agreed- in last 20 years- only good coaching hire was Mark Richt and he lasted not even 3 years. For sake of ACC- we need them to be good again. They aren’t in our division so only gonna play them once every 5 years.

Richt's last year was bad, but I think he had Miami in a good spot. Too bad his health troubles surfaced.

So now you agree that Diaz is gone?

Cristobal is the first call. I think he leaves if they don’t make the CFP.

I agree he is the first call, but he would be crazy to take the job. He will always have better fan support and resources at Oregon. I hope he takes it.

Cristobal is from Miami and played there- gotta believe that’s his dream job and worth moving across country for. I think on paper - Miami is a better job but Oregon has had more success over last 20 years.

Miami is preparing to make some major investments in coaching and infrastructure. Don’t be surprised if they break the bank for Cristobal.

Miami needs to get facilities and a home field. Until that happens I don't car who their coach is. They will continue to swallow.

I agree he is the first call, but he would be crazy to take the job. He will always have better fan support and resources at Oregon. I hope he takes it.

Yeah, Miami would be a step down from Oregon. Kiffin at Miami would be interesting. He might be the guy to resurrect that program. He recruits well and has that old school Miami cockiness. Not to mention, a great offensive mind.

Lane Kiffin is his own one-man personal coaching carousel. He’s hitting all the conferences so it makes sense ACC would be next. Round and round Lane Kiffin goes, where he stops nobody knows.

What I do know is that the Dan Le Batard gang would love to have him in their backyard. What we’d miss out on though is all the fun that the Kiffin / Mike Leach rivalry could have produced.

Back