• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Agree with this. Miami needs a smaller stadium close to campus.

It would have been worth it to build a stadium to replace the old Orange Bowl before the Marlins did. Miami's campus is significantly smaller than Wake's in a much more expensive area.

Miami is preparing to make some major investments in coaching and infrastructure. Don’t be surprised if they break the bank for Cristobal.

If you look at the new insanely lucrative contracts made/being offered, they are all funded by boosters. Miami can pay what the sugar daddy supporters are willing to spend.

Florida is one that worries me. But I’d be a lot more worried had we won yesterday

Man if we thought VT fans were dismissive of Clawson I can’t imagine Gator fans

I don't see either hiring a Sun Belt coach. Two of Florida's coaches since Urban were from within the SEC.

florida seems like a school that might go after Clawson

Crazy how quickly Mullen imploded. Florida is one of the top 5 jobs nationally in my opinion. It’s right there with Texas, tOSU, Alabama, and USC in no particular order. Mullen’s Achilles heel was recruiting and I just don’t know if that is DC’s strength going against Bama, UGA, Tennessee, LSU, etc. for 4/5 star kids that have no desire to even pretend to go to class with huge ego’s. Can’t fault DC if he takes it if offered but don’t see him being a fit living in Gainesville. I think we should be a lot more worried about Brian Kelly or James Franklin moving on and ND or Penn State coming open. Stanford or Northwestern would also make a lot of sense.

There are so many openings this year at all sorts of schools and we are coming off a top 10 ranking and 9 to potentially 12 win season with a conference championship. Clawson either leaves this year or we don’t worry about it anymore IMO.

Northwestern would not make sense.

It’s a moot point because don’t see Fitz getting boot anytime soon but how does it not make sense for DC? It’s a more of a elite national school academically than Wake and has more money, resources, etc. He is more likely to get big fast smart guys there than at Wake. A lot easier to win Big Ten West rather than ACC Atlantic every year. And most importantly- Chicago is a foodie town- probably best restaurant scene in the country outside of SF and NYC. Only drawback for DC is he’s never coached in Mid-west but if he’s recruiting nationally - who cares?

It’s a moot point because don’t see Fitz getting boot anytime soon but how does it not make sense for DC? It’s a more of a elite national school academically than Wake and has more money, resources, etc. He is more likely to get big fast smart guys there than at Wake. A lot easier to win Big Ten West rather than ACC Atlantic every year. And most importantly- Chicago is a foodie town- probably best restaurant scene in the country outside of SF and NYC. Only drawback for DC is he’s never coached in Mid-west but if he’s recruiting nationally - who cares?

Bowling Green is sort of in the MW. Other than that I would still say that, when it comes to football, we have a lot more money coming in than even some big schools, but definitely more than Northwestern.

I agree with this - it’s kind of a look face in the mirror year for DC- has he reached ceiling at Wake and ready for next challenge or is it there is still more work to do here? Personally- I’m with him moving on if he win league title. Worst scenario is we fold against BC and he bolts.

Back