• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

I've always thought it my patriotic duty to get into the highest tax bracket I possibly could.

Judge Learned Hand disagrees:

Anyone may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes.

Do we know what else Riley is getting in terms of the contract and how it's done? The camps could be located in LA but "run" from Texas as a corporation?
Is he living in a donor house while coaching? Is he benefiting from any state programs that he wouldn't otherwise that save him (i.e. local property taxes, or higher insurance costs)

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the camp that if more than a couple of months, I'd rather be OK than CA, but I think the cost of living excuse as a reason to go or not go somewhere

I don't think LSU is intentionally waiting to make a hire. I think they have been turned down by their top candidates. My guess is that they are prepping a ridiculous offer for Jimbo as a face-saving moving for the AD.

A few possibilties in my head:
1- It has been Fisher all along and just a question of timing the announcement
2- It's Fickell and they can't agree on when he starts given the probabilty of a CFP appearance
3- It's Aranda and he's not really signing an extension

I just can't believe they'd let Napier go to UF unless something was already in the works with a more desirable candidate.

Lol you'd rather live in a landlocked, tornado addled, humid shitbox than be 15 minutes from the beach?

I'm no fan of CA...I lived there for most of a year once and found I missed NC more than I enjoyed living in Santa Barbara. But that's returning to NC, which is a great place to live...not Oklahoma.

I don't think Holgerson is a target either, but Houston is 11-1, hasn't lost since Labor Day weekend, is ranked #16, and is playing at Cincinnati for the AAC Championship this weekend.

They really let the program bottom out under him even though it was so obvious what was happening. Very perplexing.
We did the exact same thing about 10 years ago...

Plus it’s nearly impossible to find acres of peaceful Oklahoma farm land in Los Angeles

MV5BN2NhMjUwMWItMThkMS00YTIzLTg0NjgtZmYxYmFkMTI1YjhkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE0MzQwMjgz._V1_.jpg

Temple fires Rod Carey, whoever that is. The path is now clear for Rhule to return to Temple.

We did the exact same thing about 10 years ago...

Yeah and we were fortunate as hell to hire Clawson to rebuild our program one painful step at a time. Will be interesting to see who Duke gets. Zero fan support, zero recent success, zero investment in facilities.

Lol you'd rather live in a landlocked, tornado addled, humid shitbox than be 15 minutes from the beach?

I'm no fan of CA...I lived there for most of a year once and found I missed NC more than I enjoyed living in Santa Barbara. But that's returning to NC, which is a great place to live...not Oklahoma.

Yeah but you’re ONLY making $10-15MM/year in CA…

I lack the attention span to go through all these posts and see if this has been brought up, but I read this weekend that Washington was looking closely at Clawson. Thought it would have been a good fit for him and I don't think I would have begrudged him that move. Wake must have really upped the salary pool for him. Glad that he is happy to stay for a while longer.

I hope Lincoln Riley has qualified financial advisors around him.

I hope Lincoln Riley has qualified financial advisors around him.

Well Palma probably isn’t awake yet but he’s got a terrific suite of diversified investment options for the discerning HNW individual.

A few possibilties in my head:
1- It has been Fisher all along and just a question of timing the announcement
2- It's Fickell and they can't agree on when he starts given the probabilty of a CFP appearance
3- It's Aranda and he's not really signing an extension

I just can't believe they'd let Napier go to UF unless something was already in the works with a more desirable candidate.

This- no way they don’t tie down Napier unless they have someone else teed up. Also- would think Napier would rather have LSU job anyways

Cost of living/state tax consideration is NC State coaching search-level nonsense

Pure theory, but I think Lincoln completely played LSU. Might be wrong, hope I am not.

Riley doesn't strike me as an entertainment and culture guy. And I doubt he moved there for that. He just wimped out, plain and simple. His statement said he wanted a new challenge or something like that. I guess the SEC wasn't a new challenge for him.

I realize some people like those things LA has to offer in spite of the ridiculous tax rates and cost of living, and that a dude living large is not going to feel the pinch much either way. But when he tries to buy the same kind of house he had in Norman in LA and finds that he is paying 5-10 times the price for a "view" with half the real estate, I have a feeling he's going to utter an f-bomb.

I love this idea that Riley is totally unaware of what it may be like to live in LA and is gonna get there and be totally surprised

Back