• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Not saying anything that isn't obvious, but LSU waiting to make a hire means their candidate is likely still coaching for a conference championship. Could be Fickell... But there are a number of other coaches involved in championship games this weekend:

Fickell
Cristobal
Whittingham
Gundy
Aranda (no extension signed yet)
Holgersen

Or maybe it's somebody from the NFL?

Whittingham isn't going anywhere and will likely retire if utah gets a Rose Bowl invite.

rumored $150 million deal to coach amateur sports is really something to behold

Everyone thought Fisher's 10 year/$75 million dollar deal a few years ago was insane (and he actually had won a title at that point)...took only 4 years to double that if true.

Riley doesn't strike me as an entertainment and culture guy. And I doubt he moved there for that. He just wimped out, plain and simple. His statement said he wanted a new challenge or something like that. I guess the SEC wasn't a new challenge for him.

I realize some people like those things LA has to offer in spite of the ridiculous tax rates and cost of living, and that a dude living large is not going to feel the pinch much either way. But when he tries to buy the same kind of house he had in Norman in LA and finds that he is paying 5-10 times the price for a "view" with half the real estate, I have a feeling he's going to utter an f-bomb.

LO fucking L. This is the sourest grapes bullshit i have ever heard. The man can buy a house in Malibu with cash, and you think he's going to longingly look back on his days in bumfuck oklahoma wistfully because "$15 million per year only goes so far in SoCal?"

Not news, but Rhett Lashlee to SMU

Miami's OC gets a head coaching gig, but Manny Diaz remains a dead man walking?

I know not much about Lashlee

Last edited:
Riley is probably already worth something like $15MM+ and now he's getting a guaranteed $100mm+. I doubt he's too worried about being able to afford a house in LA.

Riley is probably already worth something like $15MM+ and now he's getting a guaranteed $100mm+. I doubt he's too worried about being able to afford a house in LA.

It will certainly be interesting to see how he does there. USC is kind of like Notre Dame, tons of tradition, but maybe the upside isn't as high as it used to be?

I heard Herbstreit on the radio this morning and he said he didn't think Riley was the type to try to get OU players like Caleb Williams to follow him to USC.......:confused:

Last edited:
A32-B7017-75-E3-40-D3-B96-B-2-F7-A7-B13-ED65.jpg

LO fucking L. This is the sourest grapes bullshit i have ever heard. The man can buy a house in Malibu with cash, and you think he's going to longingly look back on his days in bumfuck oklahoma wistfully because "$15 million per year only goes so far in SoCal?"

He literally just finished building his house in Norman. Something comparable in LA or Malibu would set him back more than a year's salary, perhaps two years, and pretty sure he will not get a lot of nibbles on his freshly built house in OK. I doubt it sells at market rate, assuming some rabid fan doesn't torch it the minute he leaves. My aunt sells real estate in the LA area-- really upscale places that sell for millions and don't have a lot of square footage-- so I'm not completely oblivious.

Just saying that he may be in for a surprise, but as I've already indicated, I wouldn't turn down the kind of money they put on the table, even in California, and especially with my stock sinking.

What do earthquakes have to do to get some respect around here?

That's your Cadillac of natural disasters, can bring down buildings, create large holes in the ground, cause massive tidal waves and flooding, it can do it all.

It will certainly be interesting to see how he does there. USC is kind of like Notre Dame, tons of tradition, but maybe the upside isn't as high as it used to be?

I heard Herbstreit on the radio this morning and he said he didn't think Riley was the type to try to get OU players like Caleb Williams to follow him to USC.......:confused:

That’s very dumb if accurate. Of course he will do everything he can to get every top player and recruit to USC on day one. You don’t fuck around with worrying about hurt feelings when you’re making $10MM+ in one of the most cutthroat professions on the planet.

That’s very dumb if accurate. Of course he will do everything he can to get every top player and recruit to USC on day one. You don’t fuck around with worrying about hurt feelings when you’re making $10MM+ in one of the most cutthroat professions on the planet.

Well we now Herbie isn't the brightest bulb so.......

He literally just finished building his house in Norman. Something comparable in LA or Malibu would set him back more than a year's salary, perhaps two years, and pretty sure he will not get a lot of nibbles on his freshly built house in OK. I doubt it sells at market rate, assuming some rabid fan doesn't torch it the minute he leaves. My aunt sells real estate in the LA area-- really upscale places that sell for millions and don't have a lot of square footage-- so I'm not completely oblivious.

Just saying that he may be in for a surprise, but as I've already indicated, I wouldn't turn down the kind of money they put on the table, even in California, and especially with my stock sinking.

This sounds like a PhDeac level house that Riley's building out there in Norman.

So Bob Stoops is just chilling in Norman waiting for the call so he can speed over from the golf course? Talk about someone who is doing retirement all wrong.

Rich people build houses they're not going to live in. Hell, the new coach is going to need a place to live. Riley could rent it out on home game weeks.

Back