• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

A ton of teams dumped assistant coaches yesterday. Among them:

Indiana: fired their OC; their HC took a pay cut
Cuse: fired their OC, TE and DL coaches
GT: fired their OC, co-DC and CB coach (finished the season getting outscored 113-0; they gave up 41 to BC; think about that)
Colorado: fired their OC

That is beyond messed up if Riley wasn't even going to talk to the team. Not sure I can believe that.

If so, hope he crumbles at USC.

Yea but think about how much it will cost to fill up your Land Rover that the school provides in addition to your $15M salary !??!?

It'll be a plug in electric and he'll have charging stations on campus near his office and near the practice fields. USC isn't making him use a gasoline car.

That is beyond messed up if Riley wasn't even going to talk to the team. Not sure I can believe that.

Dude, consider where this is coming from. Its OU trying to trash a coach on his way out the door so the recruits don't decommit. It's like my mom reading the articles about how much Meghan Markel's outfit cost when she went to an orphanage. The whole point is make you outraged and dislike the person.

Oklahoma fans are just pissed someone chose USC over them. Read where they haven't had a coach leave them outside of firing or retirement since WW2. They don't know how to handle this so are making up stories making Lincoln look bad to feel better. Also the idea of Stoops coaching for 1 year would kill their recruiting classes. Why commit to a school when you know the coach is leaving in a year.

The guy replying that gas prices are twice as much in LA is killing it. You know who doesn’t give a fuck what gas costs, the guy making 15 million, hell the person making 150k doesn’t really either. Also in ELCs insider message the doing it for your girls and better opportunities for them is code for not making them grow up in fucking shithole Oklahoma.

This is 100% correct coming from someone with daughters who moved from SC to California after being recruited for work.

Yeah, Stoops being anything other than a caretaker until they hire a new coach this cycle would be a terrible idea. Bringing in an old, retired coach for an entire season is something you only do when you're starting a serious rebuild/are dealing with big boy sanctions (See Jim Grobe, Baylor).

Good example of why the top coaches don't decide to take a job based on the "quality of life" for say Norman vs. L.A. These guys work 70-80 hrs./week, and their life outside of coaching is usually confined to their luxurious & spacious home and grounds, or to get away they leave town for a week's vacation.

Probably much better quality of life being super wealthy and being able to go out in public unrecognized in Los Angeles vs being the biggest celebrity in Oklahoma where you can’t take a runny shit without it being the leading story on a dozen sports talk radio shows.

Good time to be a Deac...Gives us an even better chance to capture more Atlantic division momentum. Who knows, maybe Dabo doesn't know what to do without Brent.

The guy replying that gas prices are twice as much in LA is killing it. You know who doesn’t give a fuck what gas costs, the guy making 15 million, hell the person making 150k doesn’t really either. Also in ELCs insider message the doing it for your girls and better opportunities for them is code for not making them grow up in fucking shithole Oklahoma.

You know where gas prices are the cheapest? California with a Tesla and a SuperCharger around every corner.

Good time to be a Deac...Gives us an even better chance to capture more Atlantic division momentum. Who knows, maybe Dabo doesn't know what to do without Brent.

I’m not naive enough to believe that Clemson is gonna slide off a cliff if Brent moves on but I will say that he prepares for our offense better than any DC in the conference and has been critical to their success last decade. Our chances of beating them just went up if he moves on

I’m not naive enough to believe that Clemson is gonna slide off a cliff if Brent moves on but I will say that he prepares for our offense better than any DC in the conference and has been critical to their success last decade. Our chances of beating them just went up if he moves on

Yep, agreed

Where on Twitter are you seeing Venables to Oklahoma rumors by any legitimate reporter?

Back