• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Good time to be a Deac...Gives us an even better chance to capture more Atlantic division momentum. Who knows, maybe Dabo doesn't know what to do without Brent.

I wouldn't rule out LSU shelling out insane money for Dabo.

The weird thing is that it looks like the OU backup option is Shane Beamer.

I think several things are true or probably true:

- Living in Norman, OK sucks

- USC is the better gig

- Lincoln Riley handled the exit poorly

I won’t count on Venebles leaving until I see the press conference, but even if he does, Dabo is making stupid money and his dream job, which should open up in the next 5-8 years, is in LSU’s division.

Can totally see him leveraging an offer for more money (for himself and assistants) at Clemson…

Where does LSU come up with all this dough? 19 mil to make Ed go away and then runors of paying new coach 12-15 mil more plus a staff. That's insanity.

Plus no way Dabo leaves. He has it way too easy in shitty ACC to playoff.

If Manny Diaz gets fired, I'd love for Wake to look at him. He has a pretty solid rep as a DC through a number of stops.

Agree, but Clemson would likely match it (or come close), and Dabo has a much better deal to stay in the national conversation at Clemson than LSU. As a awful as Clemson's season was, they are an OT loss at State and reasonably close game at Pitt from being in the CFP again this year. Clemson was the only team to give UGA a game. Even if Clemson had just beaten State and was sitting at 10-2 with a chance to get revenge over Pitt in the ACCCG, they might be in the CFP conversation if there are a couple of upsets on Saturday. The SEC West is the worst place to coach.

Clemson wasn't in the national conversation this season at 9-3.

- USC is the better gig

4- OU is now late to the party on the coaching carousel and could land a bad coach if not careful. Even though it’s OU- They’re 15 days from signing day and LSU- a better job- hasn’t been filled

MSU was in a bad timeline for hiring a new coach and less than two years later, they gave him a $95M contract.

These feel like kind of panic options for OU.

Yeah that’s not good - he’s been coach at South Carolina for one year and hasn’t exactly killed it. Better off having Stoops stay as interim for next season is he’s your best choice

- USC is the better gig

Everyone keeps saying he handled the exit poorly. Is there a good way to exit now? He told his coaches he was going to SC and scheduled a team meeting. I assume USC or coaches not going to USC leaked he was leaving. He can't tell his team or recruits that he is thinking of leaving or he is criticized for quitting on the team. In the social media day, there really isn't a good way to leave.

BC extending Hafley through 2026

It's become increasingly trendy for coaches to have massive buyouts if they are fired and tiny buyouts if they leave for another job. Riley's buyout was 5M. Fischer at Texas A&M doesn't have a buyout for leaving. Extensions may not mean anything anymore.

Back