• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

And that he gave up or cost ND a potential CFP berth to take the job. If the goal is winning championships, he was closer to doing that now than after taking the LSU job.

Kelly is one of the top coaches out there. Whether he will win or not remains to be seen but he’s not some bum.

Yeah I think he’s a prick but he has made ND consistently in the top 10- first time that’s happened since the Lou Holtz days. He’s a great coach for sure.

i do enjoy that this thread isn't good enough for socal; his thoughts need their own thread.

The "but the cost of living and taxes are so high in California" part of this thread was much needed comic relief. I can understand saying there's too much traffic or it's too crowded, but talking about prices and taxes when you're making bank is incredible.

Tell LSU fans they’ll be behind bama and uga for the next 5 years and see how they feel about it.

I just hope he doesn’t trot out a bunch of GAs in a hurricane.

Do you think there were (m)any available coaches who were likely to have them ahead of Bama and UGA for the next five years?

And that he gave up or cost ND a potential CFP berth to take the job. If the goal is winning championships, he was closer to doing that now than after taking the LSU job.

Kelly is one of the top coaches out there. Whether he will win or not remains to be seen but he’s not some bum.

The committee is not going to keep ND out of the CFP because of a head coaching change.

Do you think there were (m)any available coaches who were likely to have them ahead of Bama and UGA for the next five years?

No but it’s not like the LSU fan base is known for rational thinking.

lolz to Tech fans who thought they were getting an A name. he could be fantastic, but lol.

Yeah this is not a very impressive hire, especially considering fan base expectations. Fuente had a much better resume.

I would’ve kept Orgeron in this case.

Your whole line of thinking on this is ridiculous. Kelly needed top of the line talent to win CFP and he can't get it in 10 years at ND. He has taken them as far as they can go as the times he has been in playoff he has been curb stomped.

Getting that talent and a staff won't be a problem in Baton Rouge as Kelly has won everywhere he has been. LSU finally gets the adult in the room they have been seeking since Saban left.

I think its a helluva get by Scott Woodward.

Back