• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

I think even OU is going to be in the MSU, Ole Miss, and Tennessee class of the SEC. Riley is going to be laughing his ass off.

Here are some other Notre Dame HC candidates via Bruce Feldman

1) Matt Campbell, Iowa St HC
2) Luke Fickell, Cincinatti HC
3) Marcus Freeman, current Notre Dame DC
4) Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern HC
5) Pat Narduzzi, Pitt HC
6) Mike Elko, Texas A&M DC

No mention of Clawson. I am hoping ND just stays with Freeman. He is really young (35) and yet to be a head coach. He turned down a chance to be DC at LSU last year. Kelly himself said this summer the plan was to have Freeman be the next head coach of ND. Of course, now he is trying to pull him to LSU.

Wow if Cincy is paying $7 mm a year - certainly hope we upped DC significantly at MSD

Wow if Cincy is paying $7 mm a year - certainly hope we upped DC significantly at MSD

Agreed. I won’t feel good about this until ND officially announces someone other than Clawson.

I agree- I think it’s a small chance he is offered but it’s still a chance - I say 10%

I agree- I think it’s a small chance he is offered but it’s still a chance - I say 10%

Let’s not forget the most important thing though: Clawson is a foodie and South Bend is a shithole.

anybody got a breakdown on the taxes and cost of living differences between WS & South Bend?

I'm laughing at VT trying to spin the Penn St DC Pry as a great hire.

He may end up being fine, but he has ridden Franklin's coattails for a decade and just got a HC look now when he was over 50? Clawson had already had success at multiple difficult programs by that point. Ohhh but he recruits Virginia well! Who is going to score points there?

That job has really fallen off.

Let’s not forget the most important thing though: Clawson is a foodie and South Bend is a shithole.

You ever have a steak at Tippecanoe's in South Bend? That would be the one meal to sway him.

I think Clawson is safe for several reasons. ND wanting to move quick and we have the ACC championship this weekend, the extension is something, other attractive candidates like Campbell, Fickell and Freeman.

You ever have a steak at Tippecanoe's in South Bend? That would be the one meal to sway him.

I think Clawson is safe for several reasons. ND wanting to move quick and we have the ACC championship this weekend, the extension is something, other attractive candidates like Campbell, Fickell and Freeman.

Is he allowed more than one steak?

anybody got a breakdown on the taxes and cost of living differences between WS & South Bend?

How about a breakdown of the supplemental benefits too? Dental coverage comparisons? Does either school cover orthodontics? What about vision insurance?

Back