• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

ND would have to thrown in usage of private plane for DC to jet over to Chicago 3x a week for his foodie fix

How about a breakdown of the supplemental benefits too? Dental coverage comparisons? Does either school cover orthodontics? What about vision insurance?

Going to a public university he can get into that sweet, sweet state pension system. Granted he'd probably have to hang around until he's like 85 to reap the full benefits of this, but Kelly strikes me as the kind of guy who will bet on himself.

JFC so this guy has been a head coach for 2 years, rode a transfer to a pretty good season and signs a $9.5MM/year contract with no buyout? We’ve definitely crossed into the beyond.

Per the article:

The deal does not change the buyout terms from Tucker's original deal with MSU when he was hired in February 2020: The coach would owe the school $2.5 million before Jan. 15, 2022 if he leaves for another job in college or the NFL; the buyout would be $2 million before Jan. 15, 2023, $1.5 million before Jan. 15, 2024 and $1 million any time after that.

So somewhat of a buyout, but the deal is otherwise fully guaranteed.

Per the article:

The deal does not change the buyout terms from Tucker's original deal with MSU when he was hired in February 2020: The coach would owe the school $2.5 million before Jan. 15, 2022 if he leaves for another job in college or the NFL; the buyout would be $2 million before Jan. 15, 2023, $1.5 million before Jan. 15, 2024 and $1 million any time after that.

Fuck me, yeah $2MM isn’t shit to any program that might come calling. Crazy.

Per the article:

What the Ron Wellman dumbfuckery is this shit?

What the Ron Wellman dumbfuckery is this shit?

There is no one that would defend the management of the basketball team during his final decade in this position, but the decision to hire Wake's current football coach might prove to be the best hire in the ACC in the last 20 years. Like it or not, the man made the right call.

There is no one that would defend the management of the basketball team during his final decade in this position, but the decision to hire Wake's current football coach might prove to be the best hire in the ACC in the last 20 years. Like it or not, the man made the right call.
Rafi, is that you?

Lol good for Mel Tucker. Fuck MSU. They don't get enough shit for their whole serial rape cover up scandal.

Sorry, I'll stop whining about a university being complicit in systemic sexual abuse.

Rafi, is that you?

Nah. Just someone who has been exposed to a lifetime of terrible football teams. This is the best coach Wake has ever had in a revenue sport. What he just did is nothing short of incredible.

Nah. Just someone who has been exposed to a lifetime of terrible football teams. This is the best coach Wake has ever had in a revenue sport. What he just did is nothing short of incredible.
Yeah, just poking fun. You're not wrong here. Curious to see how this season finishes up, but REALLY curious if we can carry the momentum into next year and start that much higher up the ranks. I think that's when we can expect to really see an impact on recruiting and coverage (not playing a pivotal conference game on ACCN). Even being bullish about repeating in the division is a testament to what Clawson has done.

I feel like the opposite of shithole Oklahoma to LA holds true as well where there is a number where I would live anywhere including Norman and South Bend. Oh wow I’m a foodie, yeah for like 10 million dollars I’ll hire a damn chef.

didn't Mike Buddie lead the charge on Clawson though? that was the word on the street back then, anyway

If Venables moves on to OU- I would say our chances of repeating division champs are much higher

Per the article:

Do those buy out numbers include COBRA on health, dental and vision benefits? Continuity of coverage can be a a really important consideration when switching jobs.

Back