• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

The WSU AD called a players only meeting for later today. Sounds like they might be firing HC Rolo for not getting the vaccine as a requirement to be a state employee. Today was the deadline.

FCATL66WUAILK9O

So where does Ed O end up? He came to LSU from USC. Is Ed O damaged enough goods to discourage USC?

Saban has an unlimited coaching budget and loves to hire coaches that have been fired. He will hire Ed O as his Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas recruiting coordinator.

The WSU AD called a players only meeting for later today. Sounds like they might be firing HC Rolo for not getting the vaccine as a requirement to be a state employee. Today was the deadline.

Crazy story. Washington State was awful to start the year, and the Cougars got their act together and somehow have won three straight Pac 12 conference games. They actually still have a shot at the Pac 12 Northern Division title.

Last edited:
There's very little to love about College Station apart from gameday atmosphere, which is easily matched at LSU. The women are ugly, the campus is a flat pancake of boring buildings in the hot Texas sun, and the whole cultish Aggie thing is just weird. The only reason Jimbo has to stay is the $. I don't know how much $ LSU is going to have for a coach after the Coach O buyout.

Seems like a pretty specific call for A&M fans to donate for his foundation to get him to stay.

There's very little to love about College Station apart from gameday atmosphere, which is easily matched at LSU. The women are ugly, the campus is a flat pancake of boring buildings in the hot Texas sun, and the whole cultish Aggie thing is just weird. The only reason Jimbo has to stay is the $. I don't know how much $ LSU is going to have for a coach after the Coach O buyout.

Is the cultish thing the whole military thing or what? I feel like we were supposed to be impressed by that and their band at the Belk Bowl, but meh.

Crazy story. Washington State was awful to start the year, and the Cougars got their act together and somehow have won three straight Pac 12 conference games. They actually still have a shot at the Pac 12 Northern Division title.

He was fired along with a few assistants. They play BYU on Saturday. My guess is the defensive coordinator that takes over as interim coach.

He was fired along with a few assistants. They play BYU on Saturday. My guess is the defensive coordinator that takes over as interim coach.

The Cougars played hard for him.

Coach O has already said he’s taking a year off. I suspect Saban will reach out to make him another rehab project, but I don’t think you’ll ever see Orgeron as a head coach anywhere else. At least nowhere of note.

Coach O has already said he’s taking a year off. I suspect Saban will reach out to make him another rehab project, but I don’t think you’ll ever see Orgeron as a head coach anywhere else. At least nowhere of note.

Orgeron could be a potential candidate to replace Clawson at Wake Forest after this season. IIRC Orgeron expressed interest in the Wake Forest job after Grobe was fired.

Let's not speak it into the universe that we are ever going to lose Clawson, much less after this season.

Orgeron could be a potential candidate to replace Clawson at Wake Forest after this season. IIRC Orgeron expressed interest in the Wake Forest job after Grobe was fired.

You do realize many of the antics Coach O got fired for, right? Let him rest on his $17M in peace.

Seems like a pretty specific call for A&M fans to donate for his foundation to get him to stay.

He did the same thing in Tallahassee. It’s hilarious that he just talks about his contract being the reason to stay.

Especially since his contract allows him to leave without owing anybody anything.

Back