• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Out of the 20 coaches hired that cycle, only 5 are still with the team that hired them, with the only Power 5 one being Clawson. The others Chris Creighton at Eastern Michigan, Chuck Martin at Miami Ohio, Bill Clark at UAB and Craig Bohl at Wyoming

Love Bill Clark. What he has been able to do with UAB before and after the destruction of their football program and has been nothing short of incredible. Not only that, he was instrumental in getting football back to UAB during that whole debacle. He also helped raise money for their new stadium (anyone who went to the Birmingham Bowl knows they needed it), was a constant supporter of the community and school during the time they were shut down, and shed light on the corrupt imbalance of state funds amongst Alabama colleges.

I can't say enough good things about the guy. He made UAB bowl eligible for the first time in a decade in his first season (2014), then the football program was shut down for 2015 and 2016, with anyone who had any talent transferring out. Then he sticks with them through it all and is bowl eligible in their first season back (2017). How did he follow that up? With 3 straight conference USA title games, winning them in 2018 and 2020. He got edged out this year by top 25 UTSA by just 3 to fall short of making the conference USA championship for the 4th straight year, but still managed to take the Blazers to yet another bowl against #12 ranked BYU. I'm mystified as to why his name doesn't come up more in coaching searches.

Last edited:
Does Jamey Chadwell at Coastal have skeletons in his closet? He is 44, is 21-3 in his last 3 years at Coastal, and his teams score points. Seems charismatic. Kind of weird how Duke, UVA and VT appeared to have no interest in him.

LOL. Yep, I was wrong about Lembo vs. Clawson.

hell082way_wide-d452268a5a1fd0fbc7351a269588579ff078053d.jpg

Does Jamey Chadwell at Coastal have skeletons in his closet? He is 44, is 21-3 in his last 3 years at Coastal, and his teams score points. Seems charismatic. Kind of weird how Duke, UVA and VT appeared to have no interest in him.

No, he's just waiting for Gundy to retire at Ok State, so he won't have to change his hair style.

To be fair, I think Clawson has grown a lot at Wake. It wasn't long ago that Ruggiero was just a QB coach and Clawson was calling the plays. That offense was...not good. Clawson may not make a great OC, and Ruggiero may not make a great head coach, but between the two of them we seem to have found something special.

What the fuck is going on at UVA. They are out shitshowing NC State at this point.

My parents retired to Myrtle Beach, and my dad has gotten season tix. They're thrilled with him down there. He had some NCAA violations at his prior gig at Charleston Southern, not sure how serious. I'm guessing Coastal to ACC after just 3 years with some NCAA problems at the prior gig is a pretty big leap. Though he had a good record there as well.

And put this in the FWIW category, but Elliott has not yet been announced as UVA HC yet. It's been 24 hours. Maybe the UVA coaching search will be in the next season of Stranger Things.

My parents retired to Myrtle Beach, and my dad has gotten season tix. They're thrilled with him down there. He had some NCAA violations at his prior gig at Charleston Southern, not sure how serious. I'm guessing Coastal to ACC after just 3 years with some NCAA problems at the prior gig is a pretty big leap. Though he had a good record there as well.

And put this in the FWIW category, but Elliott has not yet been announced as UVA HC yet. It's been 24 hours. Maybe the UVA coaching search will be in the next season of Stranger Things.

scooooooop

To be fair, I think Clawson has grown a lot at Wake. It wasn't long ago that Ruggiero was just a QB coach and Clawson was calling the plays. That offense was...not good. Clawson may not make a great OC, and Ruggiero may not make a great head coach, but between the two of them we seem to have found something special.

Also to be fair Clawson's first few years here, anybody could've been calling the plays and our offense would've sucked. It was a complete rebuild on offense, we had no talent on that side of the ball when he got here.

Also to be fair Clawson's first few years here, anybody could've been calling the plays and our offense would've sucked. It was a complete rebuild on offense, we had no talent on that side of the ball when he got here.

Absolutely. The problem with offense early on was not the design or the scheme, it was a complete lack of Power V talent.

I mean, the guy won conference championships at the 3 other schools where he was a head coach. So, I think he was pretty good already.

But I agree that his offenses were never as good back then as they have been the past 3-4 years.

Gattis would be a better get than Elliott. But I haven't seen UVA linked to him anywhere. Just talked to my UVA buddy who I go to hoops game with and he has no idea wtf is going on. He flew up here with his wife and kid(s?) yesterday. Very odd that you'd bring the family when it wasn't a done deal. I'm sticking to my Stranger Things episode theory.

So UVA has had two "done deals" this week with the first being a prominent alum. Now they've added another name into the mix. What a shit show.

And the opponents had our play sheet

Rough around the edges and coaches at Conway Community College. No academic standards whatsoever

Back