• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Calvin Johnson preceded Johnson at GT, but he was underutilized by Chan Gailey. Under Johnson, GT had Demaryius Thomas who was a super-talented and first round pick. He only played 3 years, before going pro. In his junior (and last year), Thomas had only 46 catches in 14 games, but he AVERAGED 25 yards a catch. In that offense, if you have a QB with any arm talent and a decent receiver, he is going to be wide-ass open a lot.

Is Reggie Ball the worst 4 year starter of all time?

Is Reggie Ball the worst 4 year starter of all time?

Ever heard of Jarrett Guarantano ? He would have been a 5-year starter after transferring from UT to Washington state, but got hurt in the second game of the year. Not sure if he has any eligibility left.

With Kevin Sumlin in the running for the Prairie View A&M job, and Rich Rod having recently been named the head coach at Jacksonville State, it got me thinking. Why not just be a talking head at the Big 12 Network or something rather than trying to convince 17 and 18 year olds to go play for you. There are plenty of talking heads who lack charisma, so its not like they couldnt do the job if they didnt want to. I can't imagine the pay per hour worked is that different. Ride that golden parachute man.

Ever heard of Jarrett Guarantano ? He would have been a 5-year starter after transferring from UT to Washington state, but got hurt in the second game of the year. Not sure if he has any eligibility left.

I have not... just looked at his stats. Woof.

With Kevin Sumlin in the running for the Prairie View A&M job, and Rich Rod having recently been named the head coach at Jacksonville State, it got me thinking. Why not just be a talking head at the Big 12 Network or something rather than trying to convince 17 and 18 year olds to go play for you. There are plenty of talking heads who lack charisma, so its not like they couldnt do the job if they didnt want to. I can't imagine the pay per hour worked is that different. Ride that golden parachute man.

I mentioned this on another thread regarding Clay Helton taking the Georgia State job. Butch Davis at FIU was similar. It just doesn’t make any sense at all to kill yourself working insane hours for a shitty lower tier program.

They like coaching.

I mentioned this on another thread regarding Clay Helton taking the Georgia State job. Butch Davis at FIU was similar. It just doesn’t make any sense at all to kill yourself working insane hours for a shitty lower tier program.

I get FIU, you are being paid good money to live in Miami. Georgia State, and being in Atlanta I am sure makes sense to some people (not me, never would move there). Jacksonville, Alabama and Prairie View, Texas, a little tougher for me to comprehend.

I would think Sumlin would still be a desired coordinator somewhere a little more marquee. Rich Rod, I don't know about after his season at ULM. Maybe they prefer being a coach than being a coordinator.

honestly tanner price probably belongs on that list, too.

He shouldn't have been starting at WSU. The backup was clearly better.

idk how you can expect better numbers from an option quarterback!

I remember the OL being bad for most of his tenure

I guess it was Woff's first year when it was exceptionally bad -- 383 attempts for 479 yards

averaged 3.0 ypc or less the last two years of Price's career

the sad, sad late Grobe years

I get FIU, you are being paid good money to live in Miami. Georgia State, and being in Atlanta I am sure makes sense to some people (not me, never would move there). Jacksonville, Alabama and Prairie View, Texas, a little tougher for me to comprehend.

I would think Sumlin would still be a desired coordinator somewhere a little more marquee. Rich Rod, I don't know about after his season at ULM. Maybe they prefer being a coach than being a coordinator.

Helton is at Georgia Southern which is definitely not in Atlanta

Back