Page 68 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2145

Thread: 2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    There's always some rich booster/owner there to pick up the tab.
    Maybe. But a lot of owners care ultimately about making money. Which means dead money is no bueno

Current FBS HC openings:

Akron
    FIU
    Louisiana
    NM State
    Troy
    La Tech
    OU
    Temple
    Duke
    Fresno State
    ND

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Current FBS HC openings:

Akron
    FIU
    Louisiana
    NM State
    Troy
    La Tech
    OU
    Temple
    Duke
    Fresno State
    ND
    Has Venables not accepted the OU job? I saw last night that was supposedly a done deal. Posting from my phone and haven't been online today. Have an up-and-back to Chicago today.

LA Tech goes to Sonny Cumbie the interm Texas Tech Coach (and former starting TT QB).

Quote Originally Posted by Atropates View Post
    LA Tech goes to Sonny Cumbie the interm Texas Tech Coach (and former starting TT QB).
    Mike Leach coaching tree...

Scooter Banks

How do I sign up to be a persona non grata in Oklahoma?

Yeah agree with Diggler, administrative support as in baller money thrown at you is a pretty good indication of full support. Also damn the horror of not being able to step foot in Oklahoma, to the tune of 100 million. If I didnít have the potential to go there for work you could send me 100 dollars right now and I promise to never step foot there. That price is also negotiable in the lower direction.

Oklahoma is one of 4 states I've never been to, so, I don't think I could handle being a persona non grata there until I've gone at least once.
    Birds are real.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacdeTejas View Post
    Maybe. But a lot of owners care ultimately about making money. Which means dead money is no bueno
    Dead money doesn't mean much when franchises are always rising in value. And that doesn't even include overall NFL revenue.

just saw a tweet that ND is willing to wait on Fickell

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Makes sense, but the release of information is not helpful for Cincy's game prep for Houston. Would think that if Fickell gets the ND job, Marcus Freeman gets the Cincy job. Freeman was the Cincy DC before heading to ND. FWIW, Freeman is from Ohio, and played at tOSU. If he continues Cincy's success, got to believe Freeman would be on tOSU's short list.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Is Ryan Day going somewhere? Is going to step off third base and try to steal home?

Is Ryan Day going somewhere? Is going to step off third base and try to steal home?
    There are rumors that at some point Ryan Day will head to the NFL. He was a QB coach for both the 49ers and Eagles. Before getting the head job at tOSU, Day was the verge of heading to the Titans as their OC. Also, the Buckeye expectations are through the roof. If Michigan beats tOSU again next year, heads will start exploding in Columbus.
    Last edited by Pilchard; 11-30-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WokeandBroke View Post
    There is no one that would defend the management of the basketball team during his final decade in this position, but the decision to hire Wake's current football coach might prove to be the best hire in the ACC in the last 20 years. Like it or not, the man made the right call.
    We owe recruiting Clawson here to Mike Buddie. All Wellman did was push paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    We owe recruiting Clawson here to Mike Buddie. All Wellman did was push paper.
    Interesting. Good stuff. Got to believe when WF hired Currie (which was a great move), Buddie was a close second.

Oh man. Lincoln's not going to be able to go to Norman to visit his wife's friends and his kids' friends. He's just going to have to drop them off and take the private jet somewhere else.
    Not to mention that jock sniffers love rubbing up against power people whether they are in your stable or not.

If Fickell goes to ND would Cincy take a look at Gattis?

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    Admittedly I know very little about midwest catholic school football, but is that really the space ND needs to make headway in to stop getting embarrassed whenever they get into the playoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Admittedly I know very little about midwest catholic school football, but is that really the space ND needs to make headway in to stop getting embarrassed whenever they get into the playoff?
    Agree. When fat-ass Charlie Weis and over-his-head Gerry Faust were the coaches, ND largely cornered the market on Midwest Catholic School players. ND could hire the Taliban Commander of the Faithful and still get players from Midwest Catholic schools.