• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

whats dumber is people arguing that LA isnt a desirable place to live. maybe you dont want to live there, congrats. enjoy kernersville or wherever

There are plenty of city types between LA and Kernersville. I’d prefer to live in neither.

VT fans claiming that they have the inside track on Iowa State’s Matt Campbell. Then again, they thought Clawson was heading to Blacksburg too

LA is okay if you like traffic, crime and not buying property.

At $10 million per year it’s likely he won’t be able to afford any property in Los Angeles. I feel really bad for him. He could have bought thousands of tornado land acres in Oklahoma.

There are plenty of city types between LA and Kernersville. I’d prefer to live in neither.

Yes but we are speaking in generalities. Obviously we know people are individuals. But in general LA is a way more desirable place to live to a lot more people (ESPECIALLY if you are making millions of dollars) than Norman OK.

yeah fine, i dont live in LA and am not trying to move there. objectively it is a desirable place to live. so is new york and i don't want to move there either.

personally, i live in the zenith of american cities, charlotte

Yeah. But shaming someone for moving from Norman to LA for more money because of the tax rate or crime or whatever is silly political nonsense. Obviously plenty of people want to live in LA which makes it expensive to live in.

Yeah. But shaming someone for moving from Norman to LA for more money because of the tax rate or crime or whatever is silly political nonsense. Obviously plenty of people want to live in LA which makes it expensive to live in.

For sure (that wasn’t me by the way).

Oh yeah. I was agreeing with you and talking about them.

I love when someone inevitably starts comparing state tax rates on this thread as if that matters at all to someone making upwards of $10MM/year.

I love when someone inevitably starts comparing state tax rates on this thread as if that matters at all to someone making upwards of $10MM/year.

It’s obviously not the determining factor. But it does matter

If he’s making $8 million in OK and if state tax is 5%, his net is $7.6 million (he pays Federal, etc out of that)

If he makes $10 million in CA, state tax for him is 13.3%, and his net is $8.67 million (still owes Federal here too)

So the difference in state tax rates cuts his raise in half

If I’m negotiating a contract I at least mention that.

If he’s making $8 million in OK and if state tax is 5%, his net is $7.6 million (he pays Federal, etc out of that)

If he makes $10 million in CA, state tax for him is 13.3%, and his net is $8.67 million (still owes Federal here too)

Yeah, then they bring in Kim Kardashian to jerk you off.

Any company doing business in CA trying to lure talent to the state knows this and prices it in.

For guys like Riley it's not about $, it's about going where he is appreciated and can quickly build a powerhouse program to compete for titles. He saw the writing on the wall at OU, where they are in for a few years of getting their ass kicked in the SEC and he got out of town.

And lol at the stupid "USC is in the ghetto" takes as if the coach is going to live anywhere near campus.

I never get these arguments. The tax discussion I get because it’s actual numbers, and which conference you coach in is worthy of debate. But so much of the geography thing is subjective. Shaming someone for wanting to live in Los Angeles OR Norman is silly. Who cares what any of us prefers; all that matters is the coach and his family.

We weren’t even fully sure what our own coach desired until a few days ago and even that could change in a year. So speculating about the city preferences of a random individual like Lincoln Riley is basically useless.

The CA state tax is the price to live in CA. CA is the most populated state by a huge margin. #11 in population density as well.

The CA state tax is definitely not an issue for someone who can name his price to go live in CA.

LOL, Oklahoma is a bottom ten state to live in, even as a multimillionaire. Comparing it California is one of the most laughable things ever posted on this board.

LOL, Oklahoma is a bottom ten state to live in, even as a multimillionaire. Comparing it California is one of the most laughable things ever posted on this board.

Landlocked tornado riddled shit hole.

Why? There’s no inherent problem with the job. They should be better than Wake because of name recognition.

But they’re not historically over the past 30 years, and Cutcliffe is the best coach they’ve had since Spurrier, who won a share of the conference championship in 1989 and lost to Texas Tech by 27 points in the fucking All-American Bowl. It’s the worst job in the ACC.

But aside from that, Gattis should hold out for a much better job.

The CA state tax is the price to live in CA. CA is the most populated state by a huge margin. #11 in population density as well.

The CA state tax is definitely not an issue for someone who can name his price to go live in CA.

Everyone, we have found our new RJKarl !

I'm not sure how many P5 jobs are going to hire coordinators in this cycle. And he's not considered a top-tier coordinator either.

Back