• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

As a UF fan, I'm all in on Napier (vs the other available coaches).

He can supposedly recruit, he's been a very successful head coach at Louisiana, and he's worked under a number of excellent coaches.

Would rather take a bit of a flyer on somebody like that who might be a great coach vs. paying a shit-ton of money for a more known commodity that is probably a bad fit (Fickell, Campbell, Stoops, etc).

And I'd rather sign the contract today than wait for LSU to work down their list. I'm not sure why LSU isn't more interested (unless Aranda or somebody else like Fisher/Riley has shown legit interest).

As a UF fan, I'm all in on Napier (vs the other available coaches).

He can supposedly recruit, he's been a very successful head coach at Louisiana, and he's worked under a number of excellent coaches.

Would rather take a bit of a flyer on somebody like that who might be a great coach vs. paying a shit-ton of money for a more known commodity that is probably a bad fit (Fickell, Campbell, Stoops, etc).

And I'd rather sign the contract today than wait for LSU to work down their list. I'm not sure why LSU isn't more interested (unless Aranda or somebody else like Fisher/Riley has shown legit interest).

As a Deacs fan- I’m all in on him as that’s not gonna create a ripple effect for jobs DC would be interested in. Best case for Deacs is UF, LSU, and USC all taken by guys not currently HC at P5 jobs.

That takes Penn State off market likely this year and next - that’s good news for us to keep DC.

IMHO, One of the things that will help us keep Clawson is he will want to take a number of assistants with him one would assume and that will be a hard sell to SEC schools. Our assistants d not have the rep or recruiting resumes to satisfy bigger schools or school fan bases. It may be arbitrary but I think it is a factor.

battle of the 10-year contracts coming up this weekend with penn state vs michigan state

Did tucker actually sign or was that just rumor?

It was “in the works” which is code for- its not a final offer until we see how you do against tOSU. Since MSU got butlerized - thinking that huge contract is no more

battle of the 10-year contracts coming up this weekend with penn state vs michigan state

Feels like 6-8 guys are about to leverage those open jobs into massive Grobe-length deals.

I wonder if coaching during a pandemic is going to make coaches more or less likely to leave for another position.

we gotta give clawson whatever the hell he wants

i'm seeing Elko's name come up more and more as a potential P5 head coach

we gotta give clawson whatever the hell he wants

I think we can give him money wise whatever he wants but think DC would be more interested in taking care of his assistants- which hopefully comes with a high salary for a high quality defensive guy- I’m not talking Brett Veneables money but something strong enough to attract a high quality defensive guy who can make defense respectable. In addition to salaries, what else can do we need to attract bigger faster guys on defense to take next step?

i'm seeing Elko's name come up more and more as a potential P5 head coach

Makes sense. I'm sure he's turned down a few especially considering Lea is already an SEC head coach (albeit Vandy). Surprised he's not up there for the LSU and UF jobs.

Liberty is handing out 4 million dollar contracts, might as well light your money on fire, which you pretty much already do if you support that grifter of an organization.

I wonder if Clawson would ever consider giving Diron Reynolds a call to be DC. He has recruited and developed a lot of talent at Stanford, and I’d be willing to bet he would make a good coordinator

Since some of y'all seem intent on fretting over the possibility of Clawson leaving, I feel compelled to ask which of these things do you deem to be true?

1) Clawson's public comments when he took this job were all bullshit and he was lying through his teeth.
2) The situation has changed so drastically as to warrant the acceptance of a completely new reality.
3) You're timid little pussies who naturally believe that catastrophe hides around every corner.
4) I have misunderstood everything that y'all have posted.

Since some of y'all seem intent on fretting over the possibility of Clawson leaving, I feel compelled to ask which of these things do you deem to be true?

1) Clawson's public comments when he took this job were all bullshit and he was lying through his teeth.
2) The situation has changed so drastically as to warrant the acceptance of a completely new reality.
3) You're timid little pussies who naturally believe that catastrophe hides around every corner.

Even the biggest Wake homers have to understand that despite previous statements and the comfort of the Wake situation circumstances could easily change if a seemingly right fit with EXTRA RIGHT money comes calling.

The only thing worth asking / arguing about is which programs might qualify as that "right fit". I personally want to believe that the venn diagram of schools that might interest clawson / schools that would be interested in clawson is very small. I do believe Virginia Tech is interested in Clawson and he'd at least listen to them. I do believe Clawson is somewhere way lower down on Florida's list and he would definitely listen if they called.

Yeah, coaches never say that stuff and then leave.

Back