• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Sounds like Baylor is working on an extension for Aranda. Guess all these top jobs firing coaches a year or two removed from success aren’t as appealing. Hope Clawson feels the same.

feels like there is a lot more skepticism around tucker than aranda despite pretty similar profiles.

you never know but both seem like they will be really successful. looks like msu has a really good recruiting class coming in

Unless you are going to coach your alma mater, it seems a no brainer to me to keep going 10-2 somewhere like Baylor as opposed to the rigors of trying to be successful at LSU. I know money talks but why take a job knowing you are all but guaranteed to be fired within four years?

Unless you are going to coach your alma mater, it seems a no brainer to me to keep going 10-2 somewhere like Baylor as opposed to the rigors of trying to be successful at LSU. I know money talks but why take a job knowing you are all but guaranteed to be fired within four years?

A lot of college coaches have big egos and think they have what it takes to win a national championship. They think a program like LSU, which has won a championship, is a better spot to try and do it than a Baylor or similar. So they take the opportunity and risk. Going in, they know it is a 2-3 year window to look like it is possible to win the natty and 3-5 year window to win it.

The downside is softened a bit by the eight figures worth of income they will get between hiring and firing. If they don't succeed, they have enough money to be set for life. They can coach somewhere the pressure isn't as great or become a talking head or just retire.

Best job in the world is a fired SEC football coach. Dan Mullen gets $12M to go away.

my guesses:

Dykes to TCU
Napier to LSU
Aranda stays at Baylor
Campbell to USC
Kiffin to Florida
Sark doesn’t last past next year at Texas

my guesses:

Dykes to TCU
Napier to LSU
Aranda stays at Baylor
Campbell to USC
Kiffin to Florida
Sark doesn’t last past next year at Texas

I think Sark lasts until the official transition to the SEC. New conference, new coach.

I think Sark lasts until the official transition to the SEC. New conference, new coach.

Is Campbell splashy enough for USC? Think he would be more a fit for Mid-west job or even Washington.

Baylor is reportedly about to lock in Dave Arranda to a mega extension to keep from heading to LSU.

Franklin extension has interesting buyout terms. $12 million initially. Decreasing yearly to only $1 million in 2026 and after. So in effect it is Franklin's option after about three years.

Man- Skip Holtz has really fallen from grace. If he played his cards right - he could’ve landed an ACC job back in 2006-2009 moving from ECU. There were a ton of open jobs during that window- UNC, Duke, State, UVA, GT, Clemson, and Boston College all were in the market.

Back