• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

They are so damn far down the pecking order this year that I have no idea what they’ll do.

They really let the program bottom out under him even though it was so obvious what was happening. Very perplexing.

Gonna be a big surprise when he realizes he is making less money at USC with his pay raise after taxes, a new house.

What a fucking pussy. Good riddance, I say, if he doesn't want to coach in the SEC.

Yeah, but living in California is a huge raise vs living in Oklahoma. You can’t put a price on that and he will make plenty.

I mean I guess Lincoln stays big fish in smaller pond in Pac12. Great recruiting area. Easier path to championship

still stunned

This. It's a very smart move by Riley. OU fans are gonna expect the same level of success when they move to the SEC and it's almost impossible for any coach to achieve that. Whoever is gonna take over the Sooners is in a very tough position. This is what happens when a school prioritizes profit over everything else. Texas and OU are far less attractive jobs now than they were before the SEC announcement.

My guess is Bob Stoops pulls a Bill Snyder and comes back. He's only 61 years old.

My guess is Bob Stoops pulls a Bill Snyder and comes back. He's only 61 years old.

Makes sense given that he seems to show up in a bunch of ads over the last week.

They are so damn far down the pecking order this year that I have no idea what they’ll do.

I’ll be the first to say it. Durham native Josh Gattis.

It seems like the coaching carousel will really be taking off spinning this year.

Will Va Tech or Duke go after the Coastal Carolina coach?

Last edited:
Yeah, but living in California is a huge raise vs living in Oklahoma. You can’t put a price on that and he will make plenty.

I know you're being somewhat funny, bu USC is surrounded by Shitholeville. Norman is easy living and the house he has now in OK will cost 10 times as much in Cali. OK tax rate is not great (5% I think), but in California it will be through the roof. But whatever. OU is in damage mitigation mode now. Try to keep some recruits, try to minimize transfers (notably Caleb Williams) and bring in a big name. No Heupel. No fucking Stoops. Go big or go to the AAC instead of the SEC.

Adam Schefter reporting that the Sooners are trying to get Kliff Kingsbury. Head coach of the NFL 9-2 Arizona Cardinals.

I know you're being somewhat funny, bu USC is surrounded by Shitholeville. Norman is easy living and the house he has now in OK will cost 10 times as much in Cali. OK tax rate is not great (5% I think), but in California it will be through the roof. But whatever. OU is in damage mitigation mode now. Try to keep some recruits, try to minimize transfers (notably Caleb Williams) and bring in a big name. No Heupel. No fucking Stoops. Go big or go to the AAC instead of the SEC.

Living in LA as a multi-millionaire >>>>>> Living in Oklahoma as a multi-millionaire

Southern California weather, beach, and babes...when USC has its head on straight, there is really no competition in terms of recruiting that can stack up to it. I agree with texasdeac that the Texas and Oklahoma jobs are absolutely less attractive with the news of going to the SEC.

Play in a more top-heavy conference with (assuming you're firing on all cylinders) only one real competitor that could possibly match on its best day (Oregon) and easier paths to the CFP and consistent top 5 rankings, a la Clemson and Dabo. Along with those recruiting advantages baked in? Definitely a little surprising, but seems like a smart move to me.

Adam Schefter reporting that the Sooners are trying to get Kliff Kingsbury. Head coach of the NFL 9-2 Arizona Cardinals.

Yeah leaving to shithole Oklahoma sounds like a plan.

Living in LA as a multi-millionaire >>>>>> Living in Oklahoma as a multi-millionaire

Depends on who you are. People like different things. There isn’t enough money in the world to make me move to LA.

Back