• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

TIL Mike Elston, the new Michigan DL Coach, grew up in the same small town in Ohio as my wife.

Man, that must have been one toxic atmosphere. You’d have to drag me kicking and screaming out of a $800k/year job in Hawaii coaching football.

Man, that must have been one toxic atmosphere. You’d have to drag me kicking and screaming out of a $800k/year job in Hawaii coaching football.

The state legislature actually had a three hour hearing on how much he had fucked up the program.

Hawaii coach, administration blasted in Senate hearing amid mass transfers and complaints of abuse https://theathletic.com/3057581/202...mplaints-of-abuse/?source=user_shared_article

Has this ever happened in an SEC state?

How, or better yet, WHY would you create a toxic atmosphere in Hawaii?!? Isn't the goal to live in flip-flops, shorts and shades and just keep things out of a ditch? That would have been my approach.

Timmy Chang is the Colorado State WR coach. Dude could sling it for Hawaii back in the day.

some pretty good quarterbacks on that list! I guess if you suck, you never get the chance to throw a bunch of interceptions.

How, or better yet, WHY would you create a toxic atmosphere in Hawaii?!? Isn't the goal to live in flip-flops, shorts and shades and just keep things out of a ditch? That would have been my approach.

Also known as the "June Jones" approach. Though I guess he did a bit better than that while he was there.

#1 all-time in career interceptions!

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/pass-int-player-career.html

But yeah, I remember him throwing it like 600x/season for them. I guess with that kind of volume, some of them are bound to go to the other team.

Dan Marino #4 on that list!

Chang's last two seasons he threw a combined total of 1203 passes, 711 completions, 67 TD's and 33 interceptions. Over 4000 yards each of those years. Over 17,000 yards career. So yeah, he could sling it.

This would not be a good look for Brian Harsin at Auburn.

Santucci has been promoted to Asst. D Coordinator/ LB Coach at A&M. Probably necessary to keep him from going elsewhere this off-season.

Not college coaching news, but former coaches Skip Holtz, Mike Reilly, Kevin Sumlin and….Larry Fedora have all agreed to be head coaches in the USFL.

Back