Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Paul: "[The 05 Team] Should Have Won the Championship"

Chris Paul: "[The 05 Team] Should Have Won the Championship"

WE COULD HAVE WON ONE THE FOLLOWING YEAR CHRISTOPHER!!!!1!
    Birds are real.

That team should have played some defense.

Then maybe he shouldn't have punched Hodge in the nuts, miss the first round of the ACC tourney, and cost us a 1 seed.

Team should not have had to play a team located 3 hours away when we as a 2 seed were 7 hours away

i still don't think that im over that west virginia loss

p sure teenage juice cried after that one

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    I wonder who is going to tweak his thumb in the playoffs and get punched in the nuts.

I was watching Tony Rutland run circles around Stephon Marbury and drain long 3's and thought "damn, we are GOOD."

Then he blows out his knee. I mean I have seen that since, but not often.

Oh and 2005.

And maybe the year we beat Depaul - at least a final 4 in my lifetime!

Saw this just a few minutes ago. Brought up bad memories.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...assistant-role

Quote Originally Posted by Complacent Deac View Post

I was watching Tony Rutland run circles around Stephon Marbury and drain long 3's and thought "damn, we are GOOD."

Oh and 2005.

The way we played that first half of the WVU had my friends and me convinced we were winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Complacent Deac View Post

Oh and 2005.

Fortunately for that game, Cremins didn't realize that it was Rutland who got hurt until like 3:00 left. We don't win that game if they had pressed earlier.

Levy shooting the technical free throws was the most egregious coaching error. Not sure what the assistant coaches did for Skip's staff, but that was a blunder of epic proportions. I went to this game and I definitely have not gotten over it even now.

Quote Originally Posted by buckets View Post
    i still don't think that im over that west virginia loss
    Worst sports loss of my life, don't think it can ever be topped. *Years* of build up only to end in absolute disaster. I'll be lamenting that game for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    That team should have played some defense.

For how much Dickie V is annoying, he was spot on during the UNC nationally televised game to say we should be playing better defense.

This is the primary reason I love Forbes, defense is the best I've seen since following in the 80s.

Sure Odom with Duncan played good defense, but Timmy's length made mistakes go away. They also slowed it down which kept scoring down.

CP3? More like CP 6 to 8

Quote Originally Posted by Say Hey Deac View Post
    Worst sports loss of my life, don't think it can ever be topped. *Years* of build up only to end in absolute disaster. I'll be lamenting that game for the rest of my life.
    not only the build-up but the drag out, false hope where Downey kept us in it

Ugh. Better defense, then maybe, but Skip would say after every year we'd improve our defense, but it never happened. Forbes seems to have done that, in season.

https://www.cleveland.com/livingston...etball_ga.html

Interesting, but painful read.

Quote Originally Posted by tbpnwe View Post
    For how much Dickie V is annoying, he was spot on during the UNC nationally televised game to say we should be playing better defense.

This is the primary reason I love Forbes, defense is the best I've seen since following in the 80s.

Sure Odom with Duncan played good defense, but Timmy's length made mistakes go away. They also slowed it down which kept scoring down.
    Those 3 years under Dino when we played the packline and had guys like Ish, Aminu and JJ were the best defensive teams we've had. Most of the Odom teams played good D too. I liked that 3-2 zone he played with Josh at the top. MD@Alaska also played a nice 3-2 at the same time with Terrance Morris up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Say Hey Deac View Post
    Itís not even close.
    Hungry