• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOUISVILLE at WF, SATURDAY NOON, 12:30 kickoff

DeacAssured

Reaction score
Louisville’s defense looks to present another challenge to our OL and RBs.
Lville’s QB Cunningham is the real deal in terms of essential talent.
They’re playing with a lot of confidence and would love nothing more than to spoil the party in Groves Stadium and on snuggly Deacon Hill.

Last edited:
Louisville’s defense looks to present another challenge to our OL and RBs.
Lville’s QB Cunningham is the real deal in terms of essential talent.
They’re playing with a lot of confidence and would love nothing more than to spoil the party on snuggly Deacon Hill and Groves Stadium.

Feels like shades of 2019. We’d just been ranked after starting 5-0 - #19 I think it was? I still have nightmares about 62-59.

This year feels different, though.

I was able to get our RSN games on ESPN3 last year some with a VPN, some without.

I've used a VPN to get RSN games on ESPN3 in the South and outside the country.

Jim Phillips really needs to get the league out of this Bally Sports deal. Figure out something else. Bally Sports isn't playing ball with streamers and that just doesn't fly in 2021.

Last edited:
I've used a VPN to get RSN games on ESPN3 in the South and outside the country.

Jim Phillips really needs to get the league out of this Bally Sports deal. Figure out something else. Bally Sports isn't playing ball with streamers and that just doesn't fly in 2021.

+1

The last time I saw us beating Louisville in person was the game when we were scoring late and everything. I was relishing them getting due justice for stealing our playbook, and said so. Louisville fan in front me turns around and says, “No, you stole OUR playbook.” Just a total lack of any grasp on reality, for which I could only muster pity.

I see it's Family Weekend....

With the ranking plus hopefully good weather, I'll be surprised if don't see a 30,000 + crowd.

Hotel rates certainly seem to suggest that. I'm having trouble finding a reasonably priced room.

I have Bailey's Sport South channel on my Direct TV Stream in Raleigh and have scheduled it to record at 12:30 PM on Sat.

Just set my dvr to record it. Description says Wake vs. L'ville "from Truist Field in Charlotte, NC". Now there's a unique way to get revenge for Wakey Leaks.

I see it's Family Weekend....

With the ranking plus hopefully good weather, I'll be surprised if don't see a 30,000 + crowd.

For season ticket holders who sit on or near an aisle or by a tunnel, from about 12:15 to the end of the first quarter, you'll frequently be saying to couples in their late 40's/early 50's with puzzled/lost looks on their faces "no, this is section 7; section 6 is over there by the next tunnel. "This is seat 30; 4 and 5 are on the other end; you way want to go down and come back up from the other tunnel". "sure, no problem...go Deacs".
If you think it can be confusing for first-timers to our stadium now, who remembers when instead of each section being between a tunnel/aisle on each end of the rows, they straddled on both sides of an aisle? For example you came up a tunnel, and section 5 seats 1-15 would be on one side of the aisle, and 16-30 on the other.

Virtual Private Network. It provides an extra layer of security and anonymity.

It hides your location and has it as somewhere else. That is why bally will show through espn+ as out of market.

Hotel rates certainly seem to suggest that. I'm having trouble finding a reasonably priced room.

Nearly impossible to find for family weekend or graduation each year. Best bet might be staying in Greensboro or somewhere else relatively close.

Back