• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What record will Wake football have going into the UNC game?

??

• Total voters
I really wanted to pick 8-0 on this poll. I really did.

However, as much as I enjoyed that win over Louisville, I saw a little too much Wake Foresty-ness going on after we were up by 10. We should have poured it on and won by two touchdowns after that point, and instead scraped by with a close win.

I'm thinking the law of odds catches up with us, and we may lose one of these three coming up.

However, as much as I enjoyed that win over Louisville, I saw a little too much Wake Foresty-ness going on after we were up by 10. We should have poured it on and won by two touchdowns after that point, and instead scraped by with a close win.

I'm thinking the law of odds catches up with us, and we may lose one of these three coming up.

Any time the opponent beats us with long touchdowns, or slants that we cannot tackle or stand there lead footed, that they then break for 75 yard scores...yes, that is "Wake Foresty" or "Dukey" or "Vanderbilty" but we are not really that team this year.

The "Wake Foresty" shit had to do with our safeties not in the game (Greer and Davis)...so the talk about stabilizing safety position is important, as we need to just drill guys running slants, or don't let the opponent leak out wide open for touchdowns - tighten that up.

I feel certain Clawson will do that, and getting Greer back, to play along with Keith or Redd should help a lot in 2 weeks. Got to get through Syracuse first.

I like this depth chart at safety:

Greer/Anderson
Redd (he is key to our season now that Davis is gone)/Keith

We are 2-3 ATS. Injuries on defense hurt us against Louisville. Hopefully we are closer to full strength after the bye.

We are 2-3 ATS. Injuries on defense hurt us against Louisville. Hopefully we are closer to full strength after the bye.

The WF/ODU line was 31 (or less) for most of the week. WF covered easily against UVA and FSU. WF's power rating has risen from the start of the season. This is a tough spot. Hard to win (and cover) on the road in conference. WF played its best game at UVA. Hope WF can do it again at Cuse. Their defense has played very well in the Dome. Feel like the key will be whether the OL gives Hartman the time to hit receivers down field and, as always, turnovers. When WF lost at Cuse in 2019, WF started the game like this:

- FG
- INT
- Fumble
- Stopped on downs
- Punt
- Punt
- INT
- INT

Yikes. Even so, WF should've won. Deacs need to avoid a stretch like that on Saturday.

How about now?
(There's not enough wood to knock for me to predict this.

But, whatever my prediction would have been a week ago, I would feel a lot better about it now!

I love you Arsene Wenger, Atlanta Deacon, bernbp5, BiffTannen, centerdeac, Complacent Deac, CreamyGoodness, cville deac, dcon69, DeacAssured, DeacDiggler, Deacfan2009, deachus, DeacInVermont, deacon14, deacon22, Deacons97, DeacsNVols, deacz, DeamonDeac3, Dekin, Demonbeck, discdude, Dkin, dot com, ericstratton, freakadeac, Frosty, Fuck Your Couch, HCF3, IAppreciateIt, Jroc25, KiltedDeac, Liquid Karma, lovemydeacs, MACdeac, MagicDeac, mako1331, Neurodeac, NJDeac’22, PhDeac, Pilchard, Rolfe, sailordeac, Sirdeacsalot, Spot the Wonder, StopMakingSense, stugotz, TheReff, tigerswood, user name, w84it, wakefan, WakeForest Fan, WakeHornet, wakelaw13, warak, WFcatamount22, WFU03, WFU1977, WFU71, Whocares, Wrangor, wsc8521s, WYOMINGdeac, and zqglass. Just go 1-0 this week and you're all prophets.

Doubling down. This vibe train has one fucking stop and it's in Indy.

Duke blows. Defense will be much improved and their defense is worse than Army's. We win in a blowout. Cutcliffe furrows his brow and continues to steal money from Duke.

We take the geriatric coach mercy killing tour on the road to Chapel Hill and embarrass UNC while Mack Brown throws up on himself. Their defense is ass too and we score a lot.

State can't win in Winston. Fuck em. Their tailgate scene is overrated, but figures that they like it since it gives them more time to pursue their second favorite hobby of kicking shit in cow pastures, which is a close second to opining the illuminati-level conspiracy theory that the NCAA exists solely to hold back NCSU specifically.

Clemson's schedule shows that if you score more than 21 you win. We go scorched earth and burn Dr. Pepper Fansville to the ground. Clawson turns Dabo's skull into a crown.

The wheels are falling off BC's season. By the time we get to Chestnut Hill they will be begging us to stop the hurt and put them out of their misery. We will oblige them.

All aboard, motherfuckers.

Doubling down. This vibe train has one fucking stop and it's in Indy.

Duke blows. Defense will be much improved and their defense is worse than Army's. We win in a blowout. Cutcliffe furrows his brow and continues to steal money from Duke.

We take the geriatric coach mercy killing tour on the road to Chapel Hill and embarrass UNC while Mack Brown throws up on himself. Their defense is ass too and we score a lot.

State can't win in Winston. Fuck em. Their tailgate scene is overrated, but figures that they like it since it gives them more time to pursue their second favorite hobby of kicking shit in cow pastures, which is a close second to opining the illuminati-level conspiracy theory that the NCAA exists solely to hold back NCSU specifically.

Clemson's schedule shows that if you score more than 21 you win. We go scorched earth and burn Dr. Pepper Fansville to the ground. Clawson turns Dabo's skull into a crown.

The wheels are falling off BC's season. By the time we get to Chestnut Hill they will be begging us to stop the hurt and put them out of their misery. We will oblige them.

All aboard, motherfuckers.

This is pure gold.
Mobile rep

There are 69 people who predicted an 8 -0 start. Congrats to all.

Now get yourselves over to the running the table and bring your mojo with you.

I did say 8-0, but the remaining games will be tough. I think we take BC. UNC will be a total pointfest with a hoops o/u. Clemson will be strange because they have 1 of the best Ds in the country but struggle to score 20 a game. And I think State will be close. NCSt is probably the most necessary to get to the title game. Still lean 10-2 with a chance at 11=1. As a Ravens fan, it's nice to have a K like Tucker, who can bail you out of close games. We have that same thing, which gives me more confidence.

Clemson will definitely be an interesting test for our offense. If we put a ton of points on them we’ll know our O is for real. Still worried about their D line disrupting the mesh which has consistently been an issue. The other teams we’ll all put up a lot of points on. State recently lost an LB who was one of their best defensive players. I think we can torment them with the RPO.

Clemson will definitely be an interesting test for our offense. If we put a ton of points on them we’ll know our O is for real. Still worried about their D line disrupting the mesh which has consistently been an issue. The other teams we’ll all put up a lot of points on. State recently lost an LB who was one of their best defensive players. I think we can torment them with the RPO.

Keep up dude. State has lost all conf lb Wilson weeks ago and now other lb Moore and starting OG and nose tackle and safety. And wait a dang minute, putting up a ton of PT’s vs Clemson is your measure of whether “our O is for real?” LMAO! I cannot imagine what games you have been watching.

Keep up dude. State has lost all conf lb Wilson weeks ago and now other lb Moore and starting OG and nose tackle and safety. And wait a dang minute, putting up a ton of PT’s vs Clemson is your measure of whether “our O is for real?” LMAO! I cannot imagine what games you have been watching.

They lost another linebacker, Isaiah Moore, for the season in the Miami game. As for our offense, we’ve scored 13, 3, 3 and 14 in our last 4 matchups against Clemson during otherwise historic scoring season. To think they won’t represent by far the toughest defensive test of the season is foolish. And their ability to disrupt the long mesh with penetration from their defensive line has been by far the biggest issue for us.

In 2019 we scored 34 PPG against non-Clemson teams and 3 points against Clemson. We absolutely have something to prove in terms of demonstrating the same level of offense against them.

In 2019 we scored 34 PPG against non-Clemson teams and 3 points against Clemson. We absolutely have something to prove in terms of demonstrating the same level of offense against them.

In fairness, @Clemson in 2019 is not a great example - Surratt went out the prior week, Washington was out, I believe Newman was dinged up. We did not have anything near our full arsenal.

But agree with the overall premise that Clemson will be the toughest challenge our offense has faced this season. I was also impressed with what NC State did to contain Cunningham last night despite their injuries

Back