• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Fantasy NBA - General Talk

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
OGBoards Fantasy NBA League Year 2

MyDeaconMyHand is the defending champ.

This was a fun competitive league last year. I think we had a few people who had never done a fantasy NBA league before. We’re open to first-timers this year as well. I’ll keep track of league settings in this post and the league roster in the next post.

Here is last year’s league thread:
https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...asy-NBA-League-thread-Congratulations-to-MDMH!

If you’re interested in joining the league, please post the following:
—Team name from last season or that you’re new to the league
—Preferred draft date: Thursday, October 14 at 9:00 pm or Monday, October 18 at 9:00 pm (season starts October 19)
—Any thoughts on the proposed league settings below
—Any questions about fantasy NBA or the league.

Once I see how many we have, I’ll add the link to sign-up for the league. If you were in last year, your team renewed, but if you don’t sign up here, I’ll remove you.

League Size - We had 12 teams last year. Open to doing a 16-team league, maybe larger if there’s interest.

Host: Yahoo. Yahoo worked well last year. We’re doing ESPN for the Pit fantasy football league. Yahoo is better with notifications and format.

Format: Head-to-Head Standard - Nine statistical categories. One team can wins a category based on cumulative stats over each week (Monday to Sunday).

Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)

Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, IL+, IL+
--Active: The 10 starting positions are standard.
--Bench: I’m open to going down to two bench positions if we have a 16-team league or more.
--Injured List: Last year, we had three IL spots due to COVID and then added IL+ once it was added to the league. This year, I want to do two IL+ spots. Having two allows you to move one player to IL+ and move one out without having to cut a player. IL+ includes players who are out or a game time decision, so it gives us more flexibility.

Max Player Acquisitions: 3
--We did 4 last year. I’d like to do 3 this year since COVID should be less of an issue.

Draft Date: The season starts on Tuesday, October 19. The best draft dates seem to be Thursday, October 14 at 9:00 pm or Monday, October 18 at 9:00 pm. Let me know what works for you when you sign up on this thread.

2021-22 Fantasy NBA League Sign-up - Draft on Mon, Oct 18 at 9pm (need 7 more)

League Roster

Ph (commish)
deacon14
isledeac
myDeaconmyhand (defending champ)
WakeForest Fan
Pilchard
jaybone
atldeac23

Last edited:
Yeah I’d play again. No real opinion on draft date

Fantastic! We still need at least 7 more people, so let's go ahead and schedule the draft for Monday, October 18 at 9:00.

Bump. Still haven't heard from most of last year's participants.

To be honest, if we don't get up to at least 10 in the league I'm not sure I'm too interested in playing.

Yeah. We won't do it if we don't have 10.

Last time I signed up for an NBA fantasy league on this board, I was booted from the league before it started because I wasn't one of the regular posters on the NBA thread. Not falling for that again...

What? When did that happen? You're more than welcome in this league.

Maybe 3-4 years ago? don't remember who was running it, but they had 9 spots and I signed up early. They apparently had a clique and when some of the regulars couldn't get in, they apologized and booted me out saying they only meant for regulars to sign up. Pissed me off because I often lurked on the NBA thread, but I didn't make a stink at the time. Obviously still bothers me or I wouldn't have posted here :).

Is that Jaybone’s money league? He has an off the boards large league that has an open spot every few years or so. If so, he probably thought he had a spot but one of the long time participants joined. I don’t think we had a free league until last year. Either way, you won’t get kicked out of this one.

Is that Jaybone’s money league? He has an off the boards large league that has an open spot every few years or so. If so, he probably thought he had a spot but one of the long time participants joined. I don’t think we had a free league until last year. Either way, you won’t get kicked out of this one.

No, definitely not my league. For the last 8 or so years, I only have one or two openings. The last I booted anyone it was the dude who missed the draft and then wouldn't pay the $100 in because he said his team wasn't good enough. That was the last time I let anyone get to the draft without paying.

Speaking of my league though - I do need one this year. If there is an opening, I would love to join your league, PH, just for fun.

If this league doesn't pan out, I'd love to join your league. I'd also love to have you in this league. I'll go ahead and put you down.

Sorry to be a bummer but I’m out this year

Probably won’t get league pass, kid and work have me overwhelmed

A good league though, hope y’all can find enough to run it

I hear you. My last time doing a fantasy NBA league before last year was right before my first kid.

Back