• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Fantasy NBA - General Talk

Nah dude. I've been in love with Jokic since Spurs-Nugs in the playoffs a few years ago. I'm loving this. He's the top player most likely to play all 82 games. The #4 pick is more likely to be a bit of a rollercoaster in terms of injuries and stats. I'm sure you'll pick whoever I want in even rounds though.

haha. I have Jokic as #1, then Harden, Curry, Luka in that order. However, I a love all three, so happy to get one of those. I think Luka ends up the best pick of the 3, but Harden should have a monster year with no Kyrie.

I think if it was anyone else, Kyrie would eventually cave and get the freakin vaccine. If Ted Cruz is on your side, you know you should reconsider your life choices. But it is Kyrie so I expect him to dig in and be nobody's tool. Problem is, he's everyone's fool by taking this stand. Classic Kyrie. Ain't touching him. He may come back in game 10, he may be out all year. Nobody knows.

You should be fine with any of those. I had Luka last year with the #2 pick and he wasn't as consistent as I'd like at that spot.

Without getting too political here, the right is actively courting the very small but not politically insignificant group of distrustful conspiracy-minded folks out there like Kyrie. I imagine he has the right combination of weird status in this space, money, and career success to just say fuck it. He's also making a bet that the laws will change before he needs to. I think that's probably a decent bet. Is there going to be pressure on NYC to get rid of those laws before holiday travel starts?

Last edited:
Took Jokic with the #1 pick. Rest of the roster by round.

Nikola Jokic
Khris Middleton
Jaylen Brown
Isaiah Stewart
Terry Rozier
Kyle Anderson
Keldon Johnson
TJ McConnell
Duncan Robinson
Terance Mann
Precious Achiuwa
Trey Murphy III
Bones Hyland

Should have gotten another C or two early. Went young at the end and I'm pretty happy with who I got. AST/TO and Blks should be a problem, but I should be good elsewhere.

I liked my draft. I am not a Julius Randle fan, but he sure does fill up the stat sheet.

Also, happy with from the 7th rd thru 13th. Think all are undervalued (save maybe Claxton, Claxton could play 30 minutes a game for Brooklyn 2 weeks in, or 7 minutes, I have no idea, I just like him).
Brooklyn Escribe
1. (5) Luka Doncic (DAL - PG,SG)
2. (28) Rudy Gobert (UTA - C)
3. (37) Julius Randle (NYK - PF,C)
4. (60) Zion Williamson (NOP - PF)
5. (69) Cade Cunningham (DET - PG,SG)
6. (92) Caris LeVert (IND - SG,SF)
7. (101) Brook Lopez (MIL - C)
8. (124) Reggie Jackson (LAC - PG,SG)
9. (133) Kyle Kuzma (WAS - SF,PF)
10. (156) Dillon Brooks (MEM - SG,SF)
11. (165) Nicolas Claxton (BKN - C)
12. (188) Jalen Brunson (DAL - PG,SG)
13. (197) Devin Vassell (SAS - SG)

I like your draft too, PH. Really wanted Precious Achiuwa because I thought i could turn around and grab Nocolas Claxton in the 12th, but you grabbed him ...

One thing about that #1 or #16 pick is you've got to reach on guys you really like because there's no way they'll be around in 31 picks. I really wanted Gobert at #32 and I really considered taking Randle there.

I thought I had a shot at taking Reggie Jackson at #128, but you snagged him. I was happy to get McConnell and Robinson there. My only worried is both got paid this offseason. I was very excited to get Terance Mann. Jackson or Mann will go off for the Clippers.

Claxton has mid-round talent and waiver wire opportunity. Getting him in the 11th was probably a good risk. Just got to be patient with him as is the case with most of the young guys picked late.

I am in a 10-team league (so much easier than 16 if like me, you don't have a lot of extra time) and thought I did well:

1 - Luka
2 - Sabonis
3 - Randle
4 - Capela
5 - Jaylen B.
6 - Rozier
7 - Holmes
8 - Myles T.
9 - Kev Porter, Jr.
10 - M. Smart
11 - Miles B.
12 - Fournier
13 - Bojan Bog.

I am in a 10-team league (so much easier than 16 if like me, you don't have a lot of extra time) and thought I did well:

1 - Luka
2 - Sabonis
3 - Randle
4 - Capela
5 - Jaylen B.
6 - Rozier
7 - Holmes
8 - Myles T.
9 - Kev Porter, Jr.
10 - M. Smart
11 - Miles B.
12 - Fournier
13 - Bojan Bog.

Pretty solid!

Pretty solid!

Yeah, I was pumped. Big difference in 10 vs. 12 or 16 team leagues, as in larger leagues, by pick 9-10 you start going after rookies and "who's that?"

I will say Josh Giddey is intriguing. Young, real young, but smooth game.

So, will Ben Simmons ball out toimprove his trade value and make a trade more likely or sulk and be non-productive?

I've been thinking about an ideal set up for Fantasy NBA to get around the injury and schedule issues and the amount of work it takes to scan box scores for good free agents, especially in a deep league. Sleeper has a setup that similar to Fantasy Football in that you pick one game a week for each player. I think that's not quite good enough because it's too arbitrary and still doesn't address the injury/load management issue.

I think I've come up with a better version of that set up. Each player on an active roster gets to count one game a week, but you decide if you want to lock in that game before their team plays again. On Monday, Luka gets 15 assists but shoots 6-24 from the field? Do you lock it in and try to win assists and punt on FG%? Or do you roll the dice on Wednesday's game? If you don't lock it in, the last game of the week counts.

Rosters can be whatever size, but one game per active slot. Maybe add an option to change it to two games per slot. Bench and free agency can replace roster spots that haven't locked in a game.

This is a more causal setup that's still very competitive.

I finished 5th in jaybone’s 16 team league, 9 games out of first. I’m guessing most owners with Jokic made their playoffs. I wasn’t happy with the middle and end of my draft but I got enough production that it worked out.

I earned $25 during the season and will make a minimum $75 for making the playoffs so I’ll at least make my money back.

Picked up a 7-3 win over the 4th seed in the quarterfinals so I'll make a minimum $125 along with the $25 during the season. I face the #1 seed next week. My best move of the season was picking up CP and putting him on IR when he got dropped after the All-Star game. I did the math and figured he could come back with a week or two left. I've been weak at PG all season with basically just Rozier and with a rotating cast of backups.

Back