• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

This isn't football. There is absolutely no reason why Forbes can't win a championship at Wake. If Gonzaga and Villanova can, you can at an ACC school.

In conference only games, Wake is currently #3 on offense and #1 on defense. Sounds like a recipe for something special.

well, Gonzaga hasn't yet

I misremembered that. Anyway, they are clearly capable of it.

The point is, Forbes does not need to leave Wake Forest to have a legitimate chance to win a championship. I would tend to agree that Dave Clawson does.

I misremembered that. Anyway, they are clearly capable of it.

The point is, Forbes does not need to leave Wake Forest to have a legitimate chance to win a championship. I would tend to agree that Dave Clawson does.

Agreed wholeheartedly about Forbes.
Unless Clawson gets to Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU or maybe Michigan, OU or Oregon, it doesn't matter where else he may be.
Wake has as good a shot in any given season NOW as ND, OkSt, Texas, FSU, Miami, PSU, Iowa, USC, UCLA or many others.
Score 40, slow anyone down with improved defense and see who keeps up.
We have to see how UGA handles success, how Clemson regroups around new coordinators and how Bama handles the pending future after 70 yr old Nick Saban before many others will catch a sniff.

This Memphis court is among the ugliest things I've ever seen

The game is just as ugly: under 16 minutes and only five points scored between ECU and Memphis

Just read Jon Rothstein’s mid-season All American teams. He lists three teams and 5 honorable mentions and no Alondes. I’d like to believe if Alondes maintains what he has done thus far, the recognition will eventually come.

Just read Jon Rothstein’s mid-season All American teams. He lists three teams and 5 honorable mentions and no Alondes. I’d like to believe if Alondes maintains what he has done thus far, the recognition will eventually come.

Very weird since Rothstein has tweeted about ManMan a ton

If Wake gets ranked and we make a run down the stretch here, Alondes is going to start getting a lot of attention nationally. 20/5/5 is elite, but kind of hidden on an unranked team who hasn’t been relevant in a long time.

If Wake gets ranked and we make a run down the stretch here, Alondes is going to start getting a lot of attention nationally. 20/5/5 is elite, but kind of hidden on an unranked team who hasn’t been relevant in a long time.

Wake needs at least one more "statement" game. The win over Cheater Hill was good, but Wake needs more. Another squeaker over 'cuse won't be it.

Dream and Dallas and now Marsh. That’s the key. Upside is based on their ability to play at a high level with everyone else. This team makes mistakes but is aggressive and plays to win. That should not change. Upside is there.

Rankings are important. Alondes would be on sports center every game we played as a ranked team.

Just keep winning and the accolades will come. While we are all incredibly supportive and want Alondes and others to garner the recognition we know they deserve, there are potential downsides with getting overblown and sometimes it is better to fly slightly under the radar. NBA scouts know what is up and they find the top talent wherever it resides.

Just keep winning and the accolades will come. While we are all incredibly supportive and want Alondes and others to garner the recognition we know they deserve, there are potential downsides with getting overblown and sometimes it is better to fly slightly under the radar. NBA scouts know what is up and they find the top talent wherever it resides.

However, it is being on the radar and on sports center top 10 highlights and on the top 25 crawl at the bottom of every ESPN game and in the top 25 roundup in newspapers that helps get the next group of talented guys.

Back