• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
Thread title in tribute to last year's thread, started by Pilchard: https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/32618-2020-21-WF-Basketball-Season-quot-Experts-quot-Think-We-Suck

"Deacon Jam" - Men's & Women's event is on Friday, October 29th @ 9:30pm

Last edited:
Thread title in tribute to last year's thread, started by Pilchard: https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/32618-2020-21-WF-Basketball-Season-quot-Experts-quot-Think-We-Suck

"Deacon Jam" - Men's & Women's event is on Friday, October 29th @ 9:30pm

It would be an interesting twist to have joint or mixed teams three point and free throw shooting contests.

Lol @ Idiots Out Wandering Around. Forbes is awesome.

Keep it going!

The apathy toward the basketball program bums me out, but understand given the last decade of pathetic performances. May turn out to be loud wrong, but think the perception of WF basketball changes in a big way this year. The 2021-22 team will surprise and people love following this team. If I could find a season win total on WF regular season wins, I would be on the over with both feet. WF is a consensus pick in the media to finish 13th or 14th. They just don't know. They really don't.

He named Williamson, Mucius, Walton, LaRavia, and Williams as the ones who impressed. It’s hard to tell if that’s a dodge by just listing the most experienced players or if that’s a preview of the starting lineup. Could go either way.

WF is a consensus pick in the media to finish 13th or 14th. They just don't know. They really don't.

Looking forward to the deluge of ACC season previews that should come out over the next few weeks (now that media day is behind us).

I suspect you're right that we'll be near the bottom of most.

Whatever we gift him with we should have the Deacon ride up to him on the motorcycle to hand it to him.

This is good.

Since his daughter graduated from Wake I’d say we already gave him and his family the most valuable gift possible A WAKE FOREST DIPLOMA amirite

I suspect Williamson, Williams, Mucius, Laravia and Walton are the starting lineup as of today. If you want the benefits of experience you have to play it.

I agree with Norlander, the big jump comes in 2022-23. Whitt, Taylor, McCray, Hildreth, Laravia, Ingraham and Marsh will have a season's experience playing together. Add Keller and Monsanto, Forbes has a good nine man rotation. Expect a couple more quality additions as well.

That looks right to me. 8-10 in the ACC and the NIT seems like a decent expectation with that lineup and then the young guys can get more run next year.

https://theathletic.com/2887811/2021/10/14/roy-williams-is-gone-coach-k-is-next-whats-the-future-of-the-acc-without-them/

Above article is from Eamonn Brennan at The Athletic - Roy Williams is gone. Coach K is next. What's the future of the ACC without them?

I was going to cut and paste any mention of Wake Forest in the article... But there isn't a single mention of the school, aside from this sentence: "Since then, the ACC has been reliably ranked among the top two or three leagues in the country — as regularly pound-for-pound good as the Big 12 and the Big Ten, despite having a few programs (Boston College, Wake Forest, Pittsburgh) that have at times struggled desperately to remain even remotely competitive."

Brennan gets into UNC, Duke, UVA, FSU, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Clemson, NCSU, Miami, & Pittsburgh. That's 13 teams. Doesn't mention BC or WFU at all.

Main point was that the ACC has historically been the best conference, but it was pretty bad last year (and has been "down" for a while)... He's wondering if K & Roy leaving means that the ACC will no longer the best conference in hoops.

Back