• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

KP down to #98.

That ACC opener @ VT might be the toughest game on our conference schedule (depending on how good Duke really is). Glad we start off with it.

Agreed. And then they have a few more ooc games (and BC) before getting back into the meat of the schedule.

Up to #91 after last night's victory.

Oregon State has slid to #99.

KP projects at 71-70 Wake Forest victory... I would be disppointed if we don't win by double digits.

Also worth noting that there are 44 remaining undefeated teams.

I'm starting to agree with Steve Forbes' comment in the pre-season: "I've been around basketball a long time and know a good basketball team when I see it. This is a good basketball team."

The movement on defense is night and day different from the Manning years. We are constantly disrupting passing lanes and swarming at the ball. Offensively, the ball movement is crisp, we have size, and we have guys that can make moves. Alondes (particularly) and LaRavia are really good.

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 5-0 (0-0), KP#91

Let me throw in a pitch to watch our 5-0 women’s basketball team. Tough on defense. Jewel Spear is a three level scorer. Supporting cast players from last year have stepped up. Unlike the men’s they were expected to be worse after losing experienced players.

4:00 today vs. High Point on ESPN+

As I stated during the preseason, most would be pleasantly surprised by this team. Forbes is on schedule and "the sky''s the limit (not, the ceiling is the roof) when he gets more of his players. Kennesaw will represent in their league with their outside shooting. And Western Carolina will win their conference if they play consistently like they did at the Joel. Look for Western to handle UNC-A. That game might portend good things for when we face the Heels.

As I stated during the preseason, most would be pleasantly surprised by this team. Forbes is on schedule and "the sky''s the limit (not, the ceiling is the roof) when he gets more of his players. Kennesaw will represent in their league with their outside shooting. And Western Carolina will win their conference if they play consistently like they did at the Joel. Look for Western to handle UNC-A. That game might portend good things for when we face the Heels.

Western Carolina won't come close to winning the SoCon. Stay in your lane.

Yeah, I'm all for painting our schedule in the best possible light, but we've beaten 5 objectively bad teams so far.

They are 3-20 against D1 competition... and Western Carolina has all 3 of those wins. So other than WCU, they are 0-17 against D1. And they aren't playing just Top 100-ish teams. There are some really bad losses in there.

The good news is that Oregon State is also bad.

LSU is not.

We've regularly lost to a lot of bad teams over the past 10 years. At least we can manage 5-0 against bad competition

We would’ve been the only unbeaten ACC team if Gonzaga had beaten Duke last night, but somehow a win against the number one team in coach K’s final year was inevitable.

#91 in KP, even after the win over #43 Northwestern... Basically, we did what we were expected to do.

The fact that the rest of the ACC sucks has increased our projection for the year, however. KP has us at 18-13 (8-12), which is probably where most of the fanbase is (within a game or two).

Next game is @ VT - An expected 74-63 loss with a 17% chance of victory (lowest other than @ Duke on 2/15 - 10%).

Overall, the Offense is #97; Defense #80

Strength of schedule still holding us back... 318th non-conference schedule, 319th overall (which will improve as we enter conference play).

We have 3 very efficient offensive players - Williams (120.7), LaRavia (128.7), & Williamson (124.8). After that, it falls off quickly... But I think anyone watching the games could tell you that without needing stats.

3 goto players is plenty for this year's ACC. We can work with that if everyone else just plays their rolls. I'd like to see us drive and kick a little more given the agility of our guards. We do it well in spurts, but during crunch time tend to just drive into traffic and force shots even when the defense is packing it in.

Last edited:
Watching the games so far this season, it seems that Montsanto's injury really is hurting our depth. Forbes seems to not trust anyone but the starters and it is obvious why. The plus minus between starters and bench has to be huge.

Back