Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1220

Thread: CT Whatever: Hold on to your butts!

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Grad students too, man. I don't know how to help my students anymore. One of them is royally struggling and it is all emotional and mental stress, she is totally technically capable of doing the work, but she is just blocking her self from finishing. I really want to help but I don't know how.
    i'm literally one as we speak AMA
    We're going to be good again.

I disagree with you
    The Princess Bride

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Jurassic Pork

Jurassic Park II
    Birds are real.

Bringing pupusas home from a former client for dinner. Pretty good start to the weekend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVWJ2UQL...dium=copy_link

I know there are a lot of App State haters here but come on

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    i'm literally one as we speak AMA
    I feel for you guys. I made a (so far) career long network and friends in grad school. The opportunities to decompress with compatriots, the chance to bounce ideas off each other, the chance to get help on an analysis, to prep for comprehensive exams...and so much more, are basically non-existent now.

My student is like 80% done with her thesis but hasn't shared a single page with me for review. The deadline to defend is December 15th or she'll have to pay tuition for next semester, and I don't think she is going to make it. I already found her an extra semester of stipend and tuition waiver when she didn't finish in August, I meet with her twice a week. I try to motivate her with positive re-enforcement, I gave her my personal cell number and told her to call me any time. I've gone so far as to write the code for her analysis and for making figures of the results. I keep telling here that I am here for support and to help her be successful not to test her and judge her, but man she is just like crippled with anxiety. I don't know how else to help.
    Birds are real.

I feel for you guys. I made a (so far) career long network and friends in grad school. The opportunities to decompress with compatriots, the chance to bounce ideas off each other, the chance to get help on an analysis, to prep for comprehensive exams...and so much more, are basically non-existent now.

My student is like 80% done with her thesis but hasn't shared a single page with me for review. The deadline to defend is December 15th or she'll have to pay tuition for next semester, and I don't think she is going to make it. I already found her an extra semester of stipend and tuition waiver when she didn't finish in August, I meet with her twice a week. I try to motivate her with positive re-enforcement, I gave her my personal cell number and told her to call me any time. I've gone so far as to write the code for her analysis and for making figures of the results. I keep telling here that I am here for support and to help her be successful not to test her and judge her, but man she is just like crippled with anxiety. I don't know how else to help.
    Your student is very lucky to have you, is all Iíll say. I wish I had teachers like you and Mako in my career.
    We're going to be good again.

lol

PM sent.

Whelp, another one of my buddies had a heart attack and died. That's the second one this year. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Deac Doug View Post
    Whelp, another one of my buddies had a heart attack and died. That's the second one this year. Fuck.
    Jesus. What age? This shit terrifies me.
    Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Jesus. What age? This shit terrifies me.
    44 and jacked. Retired army.

Bourbon is helping.

Wow that's awful. Sorry for your friend, scary stuff.

Goddamn dude so sorry to hear that. Iím terrified of shit like that happening to people close to me.

Scooter Banks

Dude. You're going above and beyond. What a great teacher.

Scooter Banks

Bourbon is helping.
    Shit. That's my age and I'm not jacked. Sorry for your loss.

Bourbon is helping.
    Iím really sorry to hear about that.
    Hungry

Dude, so sorry.
    Birds are real.