• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: You know where you got that shirt from, and it damn sure wasn't the men's dept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have started reading the Narnia books w/ my 7yo daughter. She reads one, then gives it to me and I read it. Then we discuss when I finish.

I had never read them before... Just had a vague recollection of an old Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe cartoon on HBO from when I was a kid.

The "first" book (chronologically, but written later) was very meh. Starting Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe tonight and hoping it doesn't suck.

Anyone a big fan of this series?

What good spy novels are out there? I'm game for one-offs or more serialized, just kind of into the genre right now, the new James Bond movie has me primed.

Have started reading the Narnia books w/ my 7yo daughter. She reads one, then gives it to me and I read it. Then we discuss when I finish.

I had never read them before... Just had a vague recollection of an old Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe cartoon on HBO from when I was a kid.

The "first" book (chronologically, but written later) was very meh. Starting Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe tonight and hoping it doesn't suck.

LWW was one of the read-alouds my dad did with us as kids -- we loved it -- but then we totally lost interest in the other books in the series, don't think we did more than two more before bailing

What good spy novels are out there? I'm game for one-offs or more serialized, just kind of into the genre right now, the new James Bond movie has me primed.

the smiley books by john le carre are pretty awesome

I was accused of plagiarism and given a 0 on a Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe review I wrote for a religion class at Wake. I put in the review that the breaking of the table was representative of how the coming of Jesus was like the breaking of old testament laws and the coming of a new set of laws (or something like that, it's been 24 years). I didn't cite any one, I just thought of it on my own one night in the Library, it evoked images of Moses and the stone tablets of the the 10 commandments being broken for me, but the Prof said there was no way I could have had that kind of insight on my own. I pleaded my case that I had gone to church and CCD classes for about 2 decades and that was my source. Eventually he reversed his accusation and gave me a B, but I was super pissed about it. I found it especially galling because one the primary sources of "information" for a lot of religious texts through history is "Devine revelation".... like, all of Aquinas' writings are made up and attributed to revelation, right?... so why can't I use that in a paper for "Intro to Christian Tradition"?

Apparently I grind my teeth in my sleep and now I can't feel the left side of my face, but on a positive note my teeth are beautiful and there's no decay.

Last edited:
nightguards:dentists :: STDs/condoms:1990s WFU Student Health

It was a little disconcerting when the dentist said "alright please don't have a heart attack and die because I have a lot to do today" as he was giving me the local anesthetic though.

Apparently I grind my teeth in my sleep and now I can't feel the left side of my face, but on a positive note my teeth are beautiful and there's no decay.

my dentist told me i've grinded away approximately 1/3 of my teeth. will echo what juice said that a night guard was a big QOL upgrade. the dentist wants me to get invisalign in an attempt to solve the issue but i think i'm good just wearing a night guard.

i know it is on everybody's mind and i appreciate the concern, but i can hear out of my left ear again. appreciate all the t's & p's

did you guys get the custom made night guard and how much did you pay?

I did, yes. I’m on my second one because I apparently took it out in the middle of the night and threw it onto the hardwood in my old place & it shattered. I don’t remember the total out of pocket cost, maybe $200-300 after insurance? Been about 3 years since I got my last one.

I did this once many years ago and it was very expensive, then I proceeded to grid right through it within a few weeks. Now I just buy sports mouth guarda every few months for a couple bucks and mold them my self.

I’ve got the 90s Country Spotify station going at the office today and it’s so fucking good. Just banger after banger after banger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back