• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: You know where you got that shirt from, and it damn sure wasn't the men's dept

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a custom nightguard 2 or 3 years ago and it's worked great.

the smiley books by john le carre are pretty awesome

and if you just want to check one out to see if you like them, i wouldn't start with Tinker Tailor (pretty confusing plot). Call for the Dead is a great starting point, but I loved The Honourable Schoolboy and The Looking Glass War the best of the series.

also outside the series The Night Manager kicks ass, and The Spy Who Came in from the Cold is great too (Smiley a small part in that one).

and if you just want to check one out to see if you like them, i wouldn't start with Tinker Tailor (pretty confusing plot). Call for the Dead is a great starting point, but I loved The Honourable Schoolboy and The Looking Glass War the best of the series.

also outside the series The Night Manager kicks ass, and The Spy Who Came in from the Cold is great too (Smiley a small part in that one).

Thanks, Townie

similar to the convo about Dan Brown vs Indiana Jones, i find George Smiley an amazing foil to the public perception of spy created by the James Bond/Ian Fleming world.

Le Carre is more interested in depicting the awful, humiliating aspects of being a spy as a pawn in a larger political project or almost corporate bureaucratic intelligence state. Smiley is not a suave ladies man with gadgets, he's a fat, self-deprecating, off-putting person who struggles with relationships and depression. He's such a terrific character.

did you guys get the custom made night guard and how much did you pay?

had one made at the dentist and it ran like $300 or $400 -- brother's dog got it when I left it on the night stand staying at their place one night

did a home kit through JS Dental for my next one and paid like $125 -- fit is not as snug, but working great

through reading on the JS website, I realized I'm actually a clencher and not a grinder, so got a different material than the dentist one and it is holding up a lot better material-wise

that was really helpful. I just ordered a kit from JS Dental - i too am a clencher.

I'm imagining my grinding teeth has to do with when ya go to bed drunk?

My old dentist recommended one every time I went in (along with Invisalign and Botox injections) and we ended up switching dentists in large part because of that.

My new one hasn’t mentioned it yet. But I think I said we didn’t want to be sold something every time we got our teeth cleaned and they said they were making a note.

I use a CPAP so I’m not really sure how many medical devices I could use and still sleep.

I'm imagining my grinding teeth has to do with when ya go to bed drunk?

it mostly has to do with how fucked up modern life is and our fucking brains try to offload stress in any way it can, even when we're sleeping

defs agree, but was it less stressful back in the Grapes of Wrath days?

when do you think was the lowest level of collective stress in the United States?

defs agree, but was it less stressful back in the Grapes of Wrath days?

when do you think was the lowest level of collective stress in the United States?

In middle school I learned that slaves often got to go fishing on Sundays. Between that and free room and board, seems like they lived a pretty carefree existence.

wendys is working hard to reduce your stress when you're in the drive thru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back