• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: You know where you got that shirt from, and it damn sure wasn't the men's dept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quad Subway was great. Loved hitting that spot up especially after drinking. Freshman year I lived in Collins and loved getting cheese sticks from the Pizza Hut. Just spectacular cheesy greasy deliciousness.

My center’s dad passed away unexpectedly last night and I’ve been over at his house all morning without even the slightest idea of how to console him. I also buried the guy that was my assistant coach for over a decade last weekend. I’m gonna drive up to Doughton Park and run until I fall down and then drink about a gallon of bourbon. I can’t even fathom what the poor kid is going through. Life is fucking brutal to good kids way too often.

So sorry man.

Class of 07 here. We had old Pit for a year or 2 and new Pit for a couple of years. Had CFA and Pizza Hut all 4 years. As mentioned previously, Subway was in the old Pit and sucked. Super stale bread, always out of stuff, rude employees. When they moved it was the complete opposite: always fresh bread, super great staff, etc.
I see so lucky to never have to experience old pit. Except on like visits to campus and stuff.

Oh yes, plama, I associate you with that job more than anything else about you. Wonder if you delivered me any pizzas at luter? I would have been an unusually generous tipper for a poor college student

I see so lucky to never have to experience old pit. Except on like visits to campus and stuff.

Oh yes, plama, I associate you with that job more than anything else about you. Wonder if you delivered me any pizzas at luter? I would have been an unusually generous tipper for a poor college student

I was an ‘03 grad

Yeah, my OD on Subway was when it was in the Pit. And trash. But better than other Pit options.

People were so up in arms when Pit switched to all you can eat and it was a massive upgrade.

I did a lot of Mag Room lunches in the Spring of my freshman year.

I didn't miss a mag room lunch for four years. Absolutely committed.

Missed you by a lot, plama, but your strong work at pizza hut set them up for success during my tenure

My center’s dad passed away unexpectedly last night and I’ve been over at his house all morning without even the slightest idea of how to console him. I also buried the guy that was my assistant coach for over a decade last weekend. I’m gonna drive up to Doughton Park and run until I fall down and then drink about a gallon of bourbon. I can’t even fathom what the poor kid is going through. Life is fucking brutal to good kids way too often.

This sucks. I'm sorry for him and you are a good dude for being there for him. He may not see it now but it will mean a lot down the road a little.

I don't think I ever went to the Mag Room

I don't think I ever went to the Mag Room

Same. I remember it being pretty expensive for me at the time. I don’t think I had many meals over $10, even off campus except going to Chili’s and Olive Garden.

<3

Your students/players are really lucky to have you, mako.

I worked as a server at the mag room and I looked like an absolutely clown in the extra large tuxedo dress shirt they gave me to wear.

Mako, sorry to hear this news. Just being there for the family is huge, and as Deaconson said, they will not forget. One of my basketball players lost his dad 10 years ago after a long battle with cancer (lived in Wilkesboro) while he was in 8th grade. I couldn't imagine being so young and losing a parent. He still stays in touch and we talked a few weeks ago, We laughed, cried, and laughed some more about life, games, friends and am so glad that he is happy and doing well. Your strength will give them strength.

Today I watched most of the football game in the NICU with one of my sons, and then drove home near the end of the 3rd quarter so I could watch the end of the game with my other son. I’m really looking forward to a day when we can all watch the games at home together. The boys have only been in this world for about a month now and they have never seen Wake lose a game. That’s something at least.

Same. I remember it being pretty expensive for me at the time. I don’t think I had many meals over $10, even off campus except going to Chili’s and Olive Garden.
By the time I got to wake, mag room lunch cost exactly one "all-you-can-eat" meal just like the pit

Beggar outside the restaurant today was a 60-70 year old dude saying “please, I have cancer”. Carrying around a piece of paper to show people. That one got me.

Too many Nazis here. Freaking me out. I'm not into that. Just living that white trash life.

Alright.... what?

Mark Redwine, 59, was found guilty of second-degree murder and child abuse in July after he killed his son, Dylan, inside his Durango, Colorado, home on Nov. 18, 2012. The teen was on a court-ordered visit for Thanksgiving when Redwine snapped after him and his older brother—after the pair confronted him about the lewd photos of him in a red bra and eating feces from a diaper.

Daggum. You’re a good dude, mako. Thoughts with you & your student.

<3

Your students/players are really lucky to have you, mako.

+1 to all. So sorry for him and you, but thank you for being a good man.

Lucero just thanked me. I, "woo"'d. HoF hard rock

Once I was at a show & nobody really knew the opener’s music except me. Before his last song he said his thanks & all that good stuff, then singled me out and said thanks for singing along. The spot light was put on me & I was double fisting and was in front of his parents so that was fun. Raised the beers & woo’d.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back