• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 Bowl Projections Thread - Championship Week

Yeah. Any other season, I'd be extremely hyped about the Cheez-It.

I'm guessing these bowl prognosticators don't take into account the bowl game history of these teams, just how they look in the standings. because Notre Dame and MSU would be lame. the Cheez-It would also be lame this year after what could have been (other years not so much).

So the Chick-fil-A is back to being the Peach? I can’t keep up. Historically what has the Cheez-It Bowl been? Camping World? Champs Sports?

This is one of the problems of changing the sponsors every five years. I’m fine with adding a sponsor but keep the name; e.g., Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl. And while you’re at it get off my lawn!

It is the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl

Yeah. Any other season, I'd be extremely hyped about the Cheez-It.

It's amazing how much the name of the bowl impacts the perception of it, at least for me. I like bowls with real names, even if they have a sponsor before it. The Cheez-it Bowl, while arguably a relatively prestigious bowl, just sounds lame. Especially since we are 7-0 right now.

It's amazing how much the name of the bowl impacts the perception of it, at least for me. I like bowls with real names, even if they have a sponsor before it. The Cheez-it Bowl, while arguably a relatively prestigious bowl, just sounds lame. Especially since we are 7-0 right now.

I think the Cheez-It Bowl name is partially tainted because it was the Cactus Bowl name for a couple of years. Specifically, it was the Cal 10-7 TCU game in 2018. Bad vibes

I think the Cheez-It Bowl name is partially tainted because it was the Cactus Bowl name for a couple of years. Specifically, it was the Cal 10-7 TCU game in 2018. Bad vibes

Gasparilla BadBoy Mowers was about as bad as could get in the lame bowl name sweepstakes.

The Poulan Weedeater Independence Bowl was pretty terrible too. So was the Quicklane Bowl.

At least with the Poulan Weedeater Independence Bowl the "Independence Bowl" was still part of the name. It wasn't a sponsor company name only bowl.

The “Dukes Mayo Bowl” is also terrible. It cheapens the hell out of the recognition IMO, having that dumb shit on banners and trophies is going to look even more ridiculous as time passes.

Idk man. Beats the meineke car care bowl and it is delicious.

The “Dukes Mayo Bowl” is also terrible. It cheapens the hell out of the recognition IMO, having that dumb shit on banners and trophies is going to look even more ridiculous as time passes.

I agree. Especially since it has been the Continental Tire Bowl, the Meineke Car Care Bowl, and the Belk Bowl. At least they could call it Duke's Mayo Charlotte Bowl or something.

Yes. All of these bowls should have had to keep the word that connected it to their location and stature. Otherwise on some level you forfeit the context after a certain number of years, for some of them.

Of course this doesn’t apply to the bigger ones as they don’t give up their names. The lesser ones shouldn’t have either.

How dare you motherfuckers denigrate Duke’s Mayonaise. Best condiment on the planet and best bowl name on the planet.

Yahoo

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
Thursday, December 30

ESPN, 7:00 pm

Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA

Bowl Tie-Ins: At-Large vs. At-Large

Bowl Projection: Ole Miss vs Wake Forest

Last Year: Georgia 24, Cincinnati 21
Set the over/under on this at about 300. The winner of the ACC Championship – likely Pitt vs Wake Forest – will almost certainly be here along with the third-best SEC option.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-230325140.html

Peach Bowl
Projection: Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest
Visions of a darkhorse, unbeaten run to the playoff are over for Wake Forest after a shootout loss at North Carolina, but the Demon Deacons remain the favorite to earn the ACC's auto-New Year's Six bid as the league champion following Saturday's win over N.C. State. Meanwhile, one-loss Notre Dame is blazing hot since its only loss to Cincinnati and could make things tough on the playoff selection committee if the Irish win out and finish 11-1.
https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...jections-after-Week-11-175294380/#175294380_7

Athlon - Peach vs. #7 Michigan State (9-1)

CBS Sports - Holiday Bowl vs. UCLA (6-4)

Sporting News - Gator vs. Tennessee (5-5)

USA Today - Cheez-Its vs. Iowa State (6-4)

Gotta love those last 3 against barely eligible or not even eligible teams.

Back