• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 Bowl Projections Thread - Championship Week

Look Assuming we don’t go to the playoff, our best bet is to show we belong and we aren’t doing that by beating piece of shit teams. Take on bama and let them feel like we do when we play app

Look Assuming we don’t go to the playoff, our best bet is to show we belong and we aren’t doing that by beating piece of shit teams. Take on bama and let them feel like we do when we play app

That's what I'm saying. Beat Bama and it would be legendary. We could say we beat Clemson and Bama in the same year. We'd have something in common with Georgia besides Biff and Jamie Newman not playing.

If we all want to go to the CFP and take on the best of the best, then of course we want Bama whether in or out of the playoffs.

Love the talk on this thread but right now I’d really like to play Pitt in Charlotte, after that we’ll see what happens

Love the talk on this thread but right now I’d really like to play Pitt in Charlotte, after that we’ll see what happens

LOL. The three games at a time approach.

feel like there’s probably an overlap among fans who complain about Wake getting the short end of the stick because they aren’t a big name team and those who don’t want to play Cincinnati because they aren’t a big name team

I’ve been to several Bama games and have never seen them lose. And no, they weren’t all against Georgia, and I’ve seen them win two Nattys in person.

We definitely want Bama !

You could have just mentioned the nattys, and we would obviously know to eliminate Georgia as an opponent.

You could have just mentioned the nattys, and we would obviously know to eliminate Georgia as an opponent.

Uhhh, except for one of the 2, they were. Biff took like a 2 week depression hiatus from the boards.

feel like there’s probably an overlap among fans who complain about Wake getting the short end of the stick because they aren’t a big name team and those who don’t want to play Cincinnati because they aren’t a big name team

That’s like all Wake fans. All fans in general. I wouldn’t expect Cincy to be happy about playing us either.

The reason people don't want Cincy is they don't belong in the top 25 and most know it.

Don't think they would match us against Cincy. I think Cincy will get left out of the playoffs and then to show them that they weren't worthy, they will match them up against Bama (who will be out after losing to Georgia) just to say "see. told you so."

I could see us playing Michigan. The Michigan St ties with Walker would provide a lot of articles and stories. Ole Miss could be fun. Maybe Baylor or Oklahoma St.

Cincy should not make the CFP based on the fact they have already determined as an institution they need to move up in conferences. As such they can be able to compete in a few years.

Don't think they would match us against Cincy. I think Cincy will get left out of the playoffs and then to show them that they weren't worthy, they will match them up against Bama (who will be out after losing to Georgia) just to say "see. told you so."

I could see us playing Michigan. The Michigan St ties with Walker would provide a lot of articles and stories. Ole Miss could be fun. Maybe Baylor or Oklahoma St.

Michigan is almost certainly headed for the Rose Bowl.

I think at this point the holiday bowl is our floor.

I think at this point the holiday bowl is our floor.

Yeah. Remember that there is a rule about teams not being picked ahead of other teams based on W-L record. With 9 wins, it looks like the ACC is going to have a bunch of 7-5/6-6 teams that cannot be picked over us.

Yeah. Remember that there is a rule about teams not being picked ahead of other teams based on W-L record. With 9 wins, it looks like the ACC is going to have a bunch of 7-5/6-6 teams that cannot be picked over us.

Is that still true? I thought that went away with the new "not exact picking order, but we work with the bowl tiers to find the right matchups".

Back