• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 Bowl Projections Thread - Championship Week

Yeah. Remember that there is a rule about teams not being picked ahead of other teams based on W-L record. With 9 wins, it looks like the ACC is going to have a bunch of 7-5/6-6 teams that cannot be picked over us.

Does that rule even exist anymore?

Need to remind the bowl people that Wake Forest does travel. How many did Wake bring to the Orange bowl?

Need to remind the bowl people that Wake Forest does travel. How many did Wake bring to the Orange bowl?

If we can get one more win and make it to the ACC Championship game, and lose that game, we will still get a good bowl game. If we can get one more win and make it to the ACC Championship game and win, then we are guaranteed a NY6 bowl, probably the Peach. And if we win out, including the ACC Championship, there is still a chance that we will make the CFP, depending on what happens with the other teams. If we win the ACC Championship, it won't matter how well we travel.

The rule might exist or might not but the ACC is not gonna put a 6 win ACC 9 win total wake team anywhere lower than the holiday bowl.

What is the path if...

Wake beats BC and Pitt - we would be Top-12 and therefore have to be Peach or Fiesta at-large bid, correct?
Wake beats BC, loses to Pitt - Gator or Sun Bowl? Could we fall below that?
Wake loses to BC - Cheez-It?

What is the path if...

Wake beats BC and Pitt - we would be Top-12 and therefore have to be Peach or Fiesta at-large bid, correct?
I would think peach/cheez it/gator-holiday

What is the path if...

If Wake wins the ACC Championship we are guaranteed a NY6 bowl, so it will be either Peach or Fiesta.

After that it is up to the bowls (Sun, Military, Holiday, Gator, Fenway, Pinstripe, Duke's Mayo, Cheez-it) and the conference to determine who ends up where. I doubt that we will end up in any of the bowls we have played in recently, so we are looking at the Sun, Holiday, Gator, or Cheez-it) I think that we end up in the Holiday Bowl if we don't win the ACC.

Wake won the first Gator Bowl. And hasn't been back since then.

I know it’s sucks in the pecking order but Fenway would be so awesome. It was euphoric going to see a Sox game there and I’m not even a Sox fan.

I know it’s sucks in the pecking order but Fenway would be so awesome. It was euphoric going to see a Sox game there and I’m not even a Sox fan.

The only problem is for those going, the setup for a football game at a baseball stadium can really suck as far as being able to see.

It's a bowl game. We play in Boston every other year. Can't see the attraction.. but i also don't care about baseball.

Now if we had something at soldier field and could tie it to Pic.. That would be fun.

At this point- we need to beat BC to get to Charlotte and 10 wins. Otherwise- it’ll be another year we started well and couldn’t close the deal. Of course - I want to beat Pitt but that’s gonna be a tall order. Hope that the Nard-dog is distracted by openings on the market more so than DC. If we finish with 10 wins- we will likely be ranked top 25 at end of the season. That’s a fantastic result for LOWF.

FE4cgnBXMAAP6qX

doesnt look too bad for seat views

The stairways for the 50 yard line seats on the right are a little steep... :cool:

The stairways for the 50 yard line seats on the right are a little steep... :cool:

Deacs up 20 with under 5 to play. Clawson sends out Sciba for the FG, he aims and kicks it over the Green Monster!

Back