• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 Bowl Projections Thread - Championship Week

The loser of the Pac-12 Championship is likely being sent to the Alamo Bowl.

Alamo bowl is going to be Pac12 #2 vs. Big 12 #2, while Holiday Bowl is going to be ACC #2 vs. Pac12 #4ish. It's a stupid way to do things.

Perhaps the worst part about the Holiday Bowl is that it's another football game in a baseball stadium.

Alamo bowl is going to be Pac12 #2 vs. Big 12 #2, while Holiday Bowl is going to be ACC #2 vs. Pac12 #4ish. It's a stupid way to do things.

Perhaps the worst part about the Holiday Bowl is that it's another football game in a baseball stadium.

Or that it's thousands of miles from the nearest ACC school. It's feels like a punishment for not winning the conference.

Yes and no about the baseball park issue. Yes, Petco wasn't designed for football and there may be some configuration and sight line issues, but you are in Petco Park in SD's Gaslamp District. It really doesn't get much better than that.

overview-copy.jpg

PolsPhoto-ShamRock-3.16.19-399-1024x683.jpg

There are countless great places to go eat, drink and hang there. If you are going to plan a two or three day getaway anywhere, hanging in the Gas Lamp district is about as good as any bowl venue that you would find.

Yes and no about the baseball park issue. Yes, Petco wasn't designed for football and there may be some configuration and sight line issues, but you are in Petco Park in SD's Gaslamp District. It really doesn't get much better than that.

overview-copy.jpg

PolsPhoto-ShamRock-3.16.19-399-1024x683.jpg

There are countless great places to go eat, drink and hang there. If you are going to plan a two or three day getaway anywhere, hanging in the Gas Lamp district is about as good as any bowl venue that you would find.

Yes if you haven’t been SD near the ballpark and all around is awesome. Very excited if that is our consolation but I am making Peach reservations

Yes if you haven’t been SD near the ballpark and all around is awesome. Very excited if that is our consolation but I am making Peach reservations

Don’t get me wrong re: my post from earlier - I love SD and love that area, just not a fan of football games in baseball stadiums (I’ve been to two including Pinstripe).

Holiday is still a cool bowl just not one I’d be able to make it to this year. Just win Saturday

Are we basically down to Peach if we win, Holiday if we don't? Is there another likely option?

Are we basically down to Peach if we win, Holiday if we don't? Is there another likely option?

No it’s not definitely the Holiday. Can also be the Gator or Cheez-It but it is likely the Holiday.

Peach, Gator, Cheez-it will get decent Wake fans. Gotta imagine the drop off to the Holiday will be significant. Not that that really matters much for a bowl at that level.

Giglio tweeting State more likely to the Holiday, Wake/Pitt loser to the Gator

Giglio It's now saying that he expects state to go to the holiday bowl and the loser of the wfu pitt game to go to the gator bowl

Holy shit that is amazing. Really hope that holds, in the case we lose tomorrow.

Gator bowl has that high profile name, and would be my top choice after Peach.

Gator is the best location and matchup of non-NY6 bowls. That would be a great consolation prize.

I saw a couple projections of Tennessee to Gator Bowl. The Currie/Clawson Revenge Bowl would be a lot of fun

Back