• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 Bowl Projections Thread - Championship Week

we finish with 10 wins- we will likely be ranked top 25 at end of the season. That’s a fantastic result for LOWF.
Yeesh. So this is the point some of our fanbase is at in the season huh.

Giglio is guessing holiday for wake unless we win our next 2

Would much rather be Orlando or Jax but holiday is a warm weather destination at least.

As far as bowl "prestige" goes, after the NY6, they are all basically the same.

Official 2021-22 Bowl Projections Thread - Week 11

It would suck to be 10-3 ACCCG runner-ups and have to play a 7 win Pac-12 team.

Our bowls are horrible. The Gator is the only chance to play a good SEC team and that’s not even that likely. There are no games against a good Big Ten team. Orlando will probably be UCF’s home bowl going forward.

Last edited:
It would suck to be 10-3 ACCCG runner-ups and have to play a 7 win Pac-12 team.

Pretty good odds that the opponents in the Gator or Cheez-It would have similar mediocre records.

Important overall bowl note. There are enough 6 win teams that no 5-7 teams are needed to fill bowl spots. That means the ACC will get 10 spots.

For Championship Week, I'll give the bowl projections for Wake and Pitt because it basically comes down to who they think will win on Saturday.

The Athletic - Peach: Pitt vs. Ole Miss (at-large) in the Peach; Gator: Wake vs. Tennessee (SEC Nos. 3-8)
247 - Peach: Wake vs. Ole Miss; Holiday: Pitt vs. Oregon

Just a reminder that we have a home-home against Ole Miss in 2024 and 2025.

Mayo Bowl seems to be looking at Tennessee, South Carolina, Arkansas, Virginia, and UNC-CH.

CBS has Pitt vs Ole Miss in the Peach and Wake vs Arkansas in the Gator.

Good to see most projections have Miss vs the ACC champ in the Peach with Notre Dame out to the Fiesta to avoid a quasi-conference matchup

If we lose to Pitt is the consensus that we’ll go to Gator or Holiday? Why wouldn’t the Orlando bowl be a possibility?

Yeah, the bowl projectors have started applying common sense now that bowl projections are worth paying attention to.

Pitt is favored in the ACCCG so that’s probably why some are slotting them there.

What are the Gator Bowl’s options, and given their historical preferences, why would they invite a 10-3 WF with a 9-3 Clemson available to them?

What are the Gator Bowl’s options, and given their historical preferences, why would they invite a 10-3 WF with a 9-3 Clemson available to them?

Not sure if the pecking order among top tier bowls. Mandel and CBS have Wake in the Gator and Clemson going to Orlando. Both great locations and times. Gator would be a better matchup.

Last edited:
It may have already been said, but it is funny to me that BC is likely to end up in the Fenway Bowl.

Your reward for a solid season is a game a little closer into the city on the Green Line in a stadium designed for baseball about a hundred years ago. I mean, maybe the lack of travel is a good thing? It just seems like a turd of a game for a local team that doesn't draw very well anyway.

I know there was a flu bug going around their locker room but BC really shit the bed to finish the season. I don’t see that team or fanbase getting up for a bowl game.

learned at the top of the BC game telecast that Peahead took the Deacs to play BC in Fenway in 1941 (29 days before Pearl Harbor); no need for us to ever go back there

Back