• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official running the table thread

#12 or #13 seems likely. Either would put us in a position to leapfrog the Michigan-Michigan State loser and Penn State-Ohio State loser as well as Iowa if they don't impress against Wisconsin, Oregon if they don't impress vs. Colorado, Ole Miss if they lose to Auburn, UK if they don't impress against Miss State, and ND if they don't show up against UNC.

The odds of going into Kenan Stadium ranked in the Top 10 are pretty high.

Top 10 vs. off-season Top 10

I could see the polls needing to see some wins vs UNC and Clemson before they’re ready to really move us up (i.e. still treating UNC and Clemson as the teams they thought they were preseason). But it doesn’t matter when we reach the Top X - keep winning and we’ll keep moving up. We could be 15 today and only move up 2 spots a week and still be #3 after the ACCCG.

Dartsndeacs is clearly an ATP (Acolyte of the Transitive Property).

Dartsndeacs is clearly an ATP (Acolyte of the Transitive Property).

We’ve been fortunate this year that we have thus far (knock on wood)- gotten opponents at the right time. But hey- any team that is undefeated at this point has some luck. I want no part of playing FSU or UVA right now - would be very different games. Also- fortunate to draw UVA this year from Coastal. Miami, GT, and Pitt are much tougher opponents for us. Got Army after a bye week to give us extra time to prepare for option - yes we gave up a ton of points yesterday but made enough plays when we had to on defense. And it seems like BC and State are starting to slide a bit- feel much better about going to BC in late November than I did 2 weeks ago. They should be out of the division race at that point with 3 conference loses. Will Clemson get their stuff together by time we play them or will wheels coming off? If we had played them yesterday - we win - even in Death Valley. A lot can change in a month and DJ will either figure it out or their back up will be better. They also have a ton of injuries right now and will be more full strength. I think we’ve all been WF fans long enough to know the Tarholes will put it all together when we play them in 2 weeks but hopefully it’s a repeat of last year’s game and we just outlast them this time.

BC does not look good. They realistically could win 2 or less ACC games. They barely beat a bad Missouri team in overtime at home. Who has State looked good against this year? A 3 loss Clemson team? The aforementioned BC team? Not saying we will win our remaining games but it seems we are as set up for it as we could ever hope for.

seriously. we COULD lose a couple of these, but EFF THAT let's win them all and go to the playoff. I don't give a shit who they want to bounce and too bad cincinnati. Beat Duke by 50 and enjoy being part of the first playoff rankings discussion.

I think this thread is THE PLACE for irrational exuberance about the Wake Forest football team. Feels good !

Like what is this nonsense that we’re pickem vs UNC or dogs vs Clemson. We’re ranked, we’re better, we’re the favorites

So where are the playoff games hosted this year ? What kinda destinations we looking at ?

Make sure you book an extra night in Miami. The hoops Deacs play at the Canes on Jan 1.

If the Deacs continue to win they will continue to move up in the rankings.

The playoff committee will start ranking teams within a week or two. I expect a reshuffle at that point in time. There are only five undefeated Power five teams, nine total. An undefeated P5 conference champion has made every championship playoff. Oklahoma, Michigan, Michigan State, Georgia and Wake Forest are the only P5 teams that can reach that criteria.

And Michigan and Michigan State play next week. So it’s only possible that 4 will be eligible next week.

UNC (+3.5) @ ND and
UVA (+2.5) @ BYU

would be good wins for the ole resume. UVa playing a late night game (would be awesome if UVa beats ND as well)

Make sure you book an extra night in Miami. The hoops Deacs play at the Canes on Jan 1.

Nice catch, that'd be a cool doubleheader. Be a weird quirk if Wake fans just completely overtook the arena for that game. Let's make it happen

At what point does the ACC give the directive to officials to preserve the best hope for the playoff? Gotta be state game, right?

Back