• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official running the table thread

1.) Biff
2.) Biff
3.) Biff
4.) Biff
5.) Biff
6.) Biff
7.) Biff
8.) Biff
9.) Biff
10.) Biff
11.) Biff
12.) Biff
13.) Biff
14.) Biff
15.) Biff
16.) Biff
17.) Biff
18.) Biff
19.) TheReff
20.) Biff

Sounds legit.

Now, are you offering to put us up in your house or will we need to camp out with our car overnight? What are the town regulations about camp fires?

Sadly the backyard can only fit 8-10 people comfortably, the rest have to sleep in their cars.

If this does come to fruition, I will happily setup an OGBoard Meetup/Tailgate in the AT&T parking lot for favorite posters 11-50.

CFN has us #6 in their CFP rankings.
https://collegefootballnews.com/202...nking-the-21-teams-still-alive-after-week-8/3

Now we get into the teams with an unobstructed path to the College Football Playoff.
6. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (7-0)
There’s good news and bad news, and they’re both the same – the rest of the schedule is hard.
That’s bad because Wake Forest only has one solid win – 37-17 at Virginia. However, get through November – at North Carolina, NC State, at Clemson, at Boston College – and beat, most likely, Pitt for the ACC Championship, and at 12-1, in. 13-0, guaranteed in.
It’s not going to happen, but at least the path is clear.

Will be very interesting the scenario of 1-loss Bama, 1-loss UGA, 1-loss OSU, 1-loss Oregon, undefeated OU, undefeated Cincy, undefeated Wake. feel like we get left out there.

We have to be 13-0 to get in- that’s not a LOWF handicap- that’s any team not named Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Oregon, Penn State, Ohio State, OU, Clemson, ND, or Florida. Heck I don’t even know if Texas, USC, or Michigan have the cache to get in one loss anymore.

I think Michigan does, but their path would need to be something like win the B1G championship, beat OSU, close loss to non-shitty B1G team that they go on to beat in the conference championship game. I don't think UofM losing to Purdue would be forgiven like it would for OSU though.

Will be very interesting the scenario of 1-loss Bama, 1-loss UGA, 1-loss OSU, 1-loss Oregon, undefeated OU, undefeated Cincy, undefeated Wake. feel like we get left out there.

If that happens the playoff seeding will almost definitely be:

1. Bama
2. UGA
3. OU
4. OSU

We'd see an undefeated P5 team left out for the first time, an undefeated G5 team that made it up to no 2 in both polls left out, and a one loss P5 conference champ left out in place of a team they beat head-to-head.

OU will drop a game or two- they still have to play @ Baylor, @ OK State, and vs. Iowa State - three top 25 teams. We need to pull hard for Michigan to destroy tOSU and Michigan State. Oregon is one I’m most worried about honestly - PAC 12 isn’t hard this year and they did beat tOSU on the road

we would be out

but it would be very unusual for the P5 conferences to produce 6 teams with 1 loss or fewer (plus Cinci undefeated)

I think Michigan does, but their path would need to be something like win the B1G championship, beat OSU, close loss to non-shitty B1G team that they go on to beat in the conference championship game. I don't think UofM losing to Purdue would be forgiven like it would for OSU though.

Meant losing to Oregon, not Purdue. Was thinking of the year OSU got waxed by Purdue and left out of the playoff.

last time there were 6 such teams was 2015

2019: 4 P5 teams with <= 1 loss (LSU/OSU/Cl undefeated, OU one loss)
2018: 5 P5/ND teams with <= 1 loss (Al/ND/Cl undefeated, OU one loss; OSU left out after getting pole-axed by Purdue)
2017: 5 P5 teams with <= 1 loss (Cl/OU/GA/AL all one loss and in; Wisconsin out after losing B1G championship)
2016: 4 P5 teams with <= 1 loss
2015: 6 teams - CL undefeated, AL, MSU, OU 1 loss and in; Iowa and OSU out with one loss (MSU beat Iowa to win B1G)

No chance an undefeated Wake gets left behind an undefeated Cincy.

November will be interesting. We could go 4-0. We could also go 0-4.

This - if we’re gonna run the table - defense is gonna have to improve. Let’s be 1-0 vs Duke this week

If we as fans believe what Clawson is talking about as far as becoming a championship program then there's an honest truth to be told about this year. This has been a very exciting season so far at 7-0. But our defense is not good and in some ways our offense is a couple of injuries away from being ordinary. I really hope we go undefeated, get the country talking about us, go to the Orange Bowl, play somebody we can beat, and keep building. The worst thing that could happen to us would be to somehow qualify for the playoff and get annihilated by Bama, Ga, OSU or the like. Especially bad would be losing to Cincy who is still not nationally respected. So let's beat Michigan, or Ole Miss, or Tx A&M or Penn St. or Ok St. in the Orange bowl. If we do that Clawson has made a point to the country, the press and our conference opponents. If not we're back to LOWF.

The worst thing that could happen to us would be to somehow qualify for the playoff and get annihilated by Bama, Ga, OSU or the like.

That is not the worst thing that could happen to us. It’s extremely stupid to call making the playoff a bad thing, regardless of the result.

Getting into the playoff and getting promptly blown out hasn’t hurt OU’s recruiting at all.

So the worst thing that could happen to Wake Forest football would be what happened to FSU as defending champs in 2014 and close to what happened Clemson as defending champs in 2019.

That is some hilarious fusiondad10 logic right there.

Back