• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official running the table thread

At what point does the ACC give the directive to officials to preserve the best hope for the playoff? Gotta be state game, right?

There is an exception clause if said un-defeated team is LOWF.

At what point does the ACC give the directive to officials to preserve the best hope for the playoff? Gotta be state game, right?

so pumped for this. hopefully pitt drops at least one more game before the ACCCG too

so pumped for this. hopefully pitt drops at least one more game before the ACCCG too

Do not want. If we're going to do this damn thing we're going to need Pitt ranked as high as possible.

Important Dates

December 4 - ACC Championship
December 6 - Heisman Finalists Announced
December 11 - Hesiman Ceremony
December 31 - Orange Bowl (CFB Semi-Final)
January 10, 2022 - CFB National Championship, will be cold in Indianapolis so dress accordingly
January 15(?), 2022 - Winston-Salem Ticker Tape Parade starting downtown, north on University, ends at Groves. Clawson gets key to the city, laughs at LSU and USC offers.
Spring 2022 - Monorail project announced from campus to Deacon Blvd

Do not want. If we're going to do this damn thing we're going to need Pitt ranked as high as possible.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time believing they'll get a serious playoff look with that Western Michigan albatross around their necks

Nah. It was an early loss that looks like a fluke. I wouldn’t be surprised if Pitt is close enough to us in the CFP that the ACCCG winner makes it in if the right teams lose.

Undefeated teams left in FBS
Cincinnati (plays SMU)
Georgia
Michigan (plays Michigan St)
Michigan St (plays Michigan)
Oklahoma
SMU (plays Cincinnati)
San Diego St
Wake Forest
UTSA

Looks like either Arlington or Miami….. then Indy

Since we are speculating on this thread, if we do make the CFP would we definitely be in the Orange Bowl? Or could we just as easily end up in the Cotton Bowl?

Since we are speculating on this thread, if we do make the CFP would we definitely be in the Orange Bowl? Or could we just as easily end up in the Cotton Bowl?

I think it’s safe to say we would be the 4 seed- whichever game that is.

I have been looking for the answer to this, and can not find it. Would bet it's a smoke-filled room decision.

I have been looking for the answer to this, and can not find it. Would bet it's a smoke-filled room decision.

I read somewhere that the top seeded team gets their choice of semifinal locations. So I guess it depends on that and the rest falls into place from there. I'm sure that if we do make it, we will be the 4th team.

I am once again offering my backyard as a tailgate for the Deacs in the Cotton bowl. I can fit 8-10 of my favorite posters.

I am once again offering my backyard as a tailgate for the Deacs in the Cotton bowl. I can fit 8-10 of my favorite posters.

Could you post a top 20 posters ranking and update it periodically so that we know where we stand?

Could you post a top 20 posters ranking and update it periodically so that we know where we stand?

1.) Biff
2.) Biff
3.) Biff
4.) Biff
5.) Biff
6.) Biff
7.) Biff
8.) Biff
9.) Biff
10.) Biff
11.) Biff
12.) Biff
13.) Biff
14.) Biff
15.) Biff
16.) Biff
17.) Biff
18.) Biff
19.) TheReff
20.) Biff

I read somewhere that the top seeded team gets their choice of semifinal locations. So I guess it depends on that and the rest falls into place from there. I'm sure that if we do make it, we will be the 4th team.

This is true, but they will also try to avoid giving the #4 team a homefield advantage over the #1 team if possible. For instance, if the #4 team is Oklahoma and the #1 team is Alabama, while Dallas may be 4 hours closer to Tuscaloosa than Miami is (by car), they would definitely send Alabama to the Orange Bowl rather than playing in Oklahoma's backyard in the Cotton Bowl.

Now, are you offering to put us up in your house or will we need to camp out with our car overnight? What are the town regulations about camp fires?

Back