• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs Army @West Point - Check In

This game will appear to be an upset special for most football fans not affiliated with WFU. My biggest concern is the ability of the Deacon defense to stop Army's ground attack. If Army can run the ball they will dominate the style of play. Deacs need to score early and often to dictate how the game is played.

If either team gets a two score lead, the other is in big trouble. No WF game will have fewer possessions (not counting ODU or Norfolk State as WF shut it down in the 2nd half).

For those that have taken the ferry before from NYC, what is the food / drink scene like onboard?

We will be there, driving up from NJ on Saturday morning. This is one of my favorite away venues and the parade viewing is a great event. Go Deacs Let's leave there 7-0!

Weather forecast not looking great. 50% chance of rain, game time temp low 50s.

We are faster and more athletic. Our receivers will be the difference.
Deacs 34
Army 21

Unless it is raining buckets. In which case, Army's grind it out rushing attack will be an asset for them.

Well if it's going to be a rainy afternoon, I hope we throw the ball or get a lead and then run in the rain unlike that Navy game.

My weather app says 22% chance of rain, basically a small chance of rain in the afternoon, so this is probably worrying over nothing.

My gut feeling tells me our D can sufficiently handle Army's one sided run scheme.

The only time I've ever felt comfortable with our defense handling the option (army or navy) was 2007 when Aaron Curry lit up the QB on a running play in the backfield early in the game. The Army running attack was never the same the rest of the game and we won fairly easily.

Greer is not on the depth chart, which probably means he's playing. #4Dchess

The only time I've ever felt comfortable with our defense handling the option (army or navy) was 2007 when Aaron Curry lit up the QB on a running play in the backfield early in the game. The Army running attack was never the same the rest of the game and we won fairly easily.

Was this the same game where Curry almost de-cleated the punt returner early in the game? I think it drew a flag but, heavens, it was a thing of beauty. Perhaps it wasn't Army.

Throw it. Every down. Every play.

Sounds good to me. Wisconsin's passing game is trash but when they did throw against the Black Knights, they had no answers. Let's make them pay early.

I remember a home game vs. Ga. Tech when Nikita was here, he was blowing up their option attack. The problem was that was before Clawson had enough time to get our offense straightened out and we still lost because we couldn't hardly score. Edit, the was pre Clawson now that I think of it. Maybe 2010 or so.

Last edited:
Back