• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs Army @West Point - Check In

Yeah there’s no real way to reconcile what happened yesterday. If Army’s defense is pretty good and ours is even mediocre, those are still outlier performances by our offense and defense in like the 1% zone, just on opposite ends of the spectrum. And how often is Vegas just completely not even in the ballpark of the outcome? Just an insane game.

Definitely an outlier game when each team goes over the under/over number by itself.

Yeah there’s no real way to reconcile what happened yesterday. If Army’s defense is pretty good and ours is even mediocre, those are still outlier performances by our offense and defense in like the 1% zone, just on opposite ends of the spectrum. And how often is Vegas just completely not even in the ballpark of the outcome? Just an insane game.

the third and fourth down efficiency was a massive outlier — obviously that goes up when the offenses are moving the ball, but we were 7/8 and army was 12/15. and both teams helped each other out a few times with defensive penalties.

If I was the coach at Army I would refer to the defensive players as the Department of Defense and name all my play calls after famous generals. Like, if we were blitzing it would be called Patton or something. Can't believe they don't already do that.

If I was the coach at Army I would refer to the defensive players as the Department of Defense and name all my play calls after famous generals. Like, if we were blitzing it would be called Patton or something. Can't believe they don't already do that.

Our defensive coordinator named our blitz packages after government sieges, e.g. Waco, Ruby Ridge. He was an odd one.

well after the game we had a drink in the Patton bar and dinner in the MacArthur Room.

Great line from email to the Packer and Durham Show. " Wake laid 70 on a program that won two world wars." That's friggin funny.

I watched the parade from the superintendent's box and it was hilarious chatting with all the brass. Some real clowns among them. Nice too walking around campus and having each and every cadet stop and address me as "sir". Funny bc I wasn't dressed like an officer.

Back