• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs Army @West Point - Check In

Although looking at the app now I don't see our game listed in the Upcoming section.

I agree with your premise. The one thing I will say is that we have spent a lot of time this season getting our 2's and 3's playing time. It seems we build a lead and then play a lot of backups. I think that thinking will help us a lot toward the end of the season. A, it gets out backups valuable playing time and closes the gap between 1's and 2's. B, it gets our guys more rest than in years past. I think the coaching staff recognized that the last few games of each season we struggled because our starters were worn out and they have made a conscious effort to address that. I hated it at the time that we didn't put 50+ on some teams but in hindsight, I think it is a great plan.

I fully expect Clawson to play the field position game as he usually does, however, if we win the toss we should elect to receive and put points on the board. We should also go for virtually every fourth down if we're anywhere close to the 50 and have less than 5-6 yards to convert.

I fully expect Clawson to play the field position game as he usually does, however, if we win the toss we should elect to receive and put points on the board. We should also go for virtually every fourth down if we're anywhere close to the 50 and have less than 5-6 yards to convert.

We should DEFINITELY take the ball. The less Army has the ball the better.

If they win the toss, guaranteed they take the ball

we should also return the kick. If our offense is clicking it should not matter whether we start on the 25 or the 17 (or wherever). Army conceded a KR TD to Ball State and never recovered.

We should DEFINITELY take the ball. The less Army has the ball the better.

If they win the toss, guaranteed they take the ball

A 75 yard bomb to Roberson for a TD doesn't take much time off the clock.

I don’t think we should be too aggressive near the 50 and shorten the field for Army.

I don’t think we should be too aggressive near the 50 and shorten the field for Army.

I'm on the same page. They're a three yards and a cloud of dust team. They're not an explosive offense. Keep giving them long fields to work with since it creates more points for failure in their offense.

I'm on the same page. They're a three yards and a cloud of dust team. They're not an explosive offense. Keep giving them long fields to work with since it creates more points for failure in their offense.

Army offense often takes 15-20 consecutive mostly successful plays to go 75 yards. Wake D only needs 2-3 stops consecutively to derail that.

I may be way off but I’m just not really worried about this game. I think it’ll be a slog early but believe we’re just more dominant. That statistic about them hardly ever beating a ranked team was telling. We’re ranked for a reason and will establish our will.

Aggressive is an interesting word to use. I’m worried about us being too conservative and not getting their O off the field. I have more confidence in our own offense against their defense than the other way around. Hope we show up and dominate tomorrow, regardless. Go Deacs!

Aggressive is an apt description of going for 4th and 4 on the 50 against a triple-option team. I'm also concerned about the defense which is why I hope we don't risk giving Army short fields.

Just landed in Newark. Renting a car, picking up some beers and some Doritos and rolling to Lot E near Michie where I have a parking pass. If anyone is tailgating let me know and I will bring better stuff. Have a single seat in section 30 behind the wake bench.

Army has won 12 in a row at home. I think they keep it close alll game and we’re overly conservative with our play calling and sweating it out near the end of this game as usual. We win by under 3. Go Deacs!

If anyone has a link that would allow a father sitting in the NICU to watch the game on their phone today, I would greatly appreciate it.

If anyone has a link that would allow a father sitting in the NICU to watch the game on their phone today, I would greatly appreciate it.

If you can, might be easiest to sign up for a YouTube TV free trial.. that should work. Best of luck there.

Christian Andersen expected to start at QB for Army today per Pete Thamel.

Hope the D is prepared and focused today. Need some TFLs on first down to derail some drives early in the game and get a lead. Really hate we have to play Army THIS year...

Back