• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke at Wake, Saturday 10/30 at ...

Outside of really hot early season games, who isn’t wearing black anyway? All of our best apparel is black.

If we're thinking of the same moment, it wasn't an injury. CBS's shoe came off and he couldn't get it back on so he did a dramatic fall to get the whistle

Correct....

And I was sitting 18 rows up behind the Army bench and heard only light booing.

Looked to me like he got a cramp when he was pulling the shoe back on.
He tried a couple of times and couldn't get it back on. I don't think it was a cramp.

It's possible, of course, but I was only about fifty feet away and watching carefully

Correct....

And I was sitting 18 rows up behind the Army bench and heard only light booing.
I was likewise in the army section and there was a ton of booing around me, lol. They saw exactly what he did

If you're having a black out, you're supposed to hand out black t-shirts.

I don’t think whiteouts or blackouts work. At Penn State it works because the entire stadium is Nittany Lions. But there are always a contingency of visitors sporting their colors at Wake. So you get black/blue or white/blue vs Duke, black/red or white/red vs State. Doesn’t really make sense.

The only thing that works is a yellow-out or gold-out.

I don’t think whiteouts or blackouts work. At Penn State it works because the entire stadium is Nittany Lions. But there are always a contingency of visitors sporting their colors at Wake. So you get black/blue or white/blue vs Duke, black/red or white/red vs State. Doesn’t really make sense.

The only thing that works is a yellow-out or gold-out.

nah - too many shades of yellow/gold. just wear black. glad the students are excited enough to push for this.

255a786f-933f-4ff9-834f-6015a91dd370-thumbnail_Image_1.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-11-05-at-10.36.46-PM.png

5bb7173f240000310098741d.jpeg

nah - too many shades of yellow/gold. just wear black. glad the students are excited enough to push for this.

Fair enough for Duke because their fans don’t travel as well. But I don’t think it’s a good idea for State as it just creates a sea of red and black.

The yellow towels they handed out for Notre Dame seemed to work. If you have that yellow with other people wearing gold it creates a good Deacon effect.

But anyway the main thing is just to show up and cheer. If a whiteout or blackout is what increases those numbers then have at it.

They did pom poms at many of the games in the 06 season once people realized we were good. They even handed them out at the ACCCG and I think the OB as well.

Back