• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke at Wake, Saturday 10/30 at ...

WF is an academically rigorous school with a good basketball program. That is the reputation. No one seriously thinks its a party school. That doesn't mean people don't go out at all.

I have never heard anyone in my life when WF is mentioned say "wow, good time eh?" - they say "That is a great school" or "Cool, Tim Duncan went there right?" What do you think people say when Arizona State is mentioned? It ain't the library. See the responses about ECU on this thread.

When we go to the CFP, that will give us 10 years of run as a "good football team"

It looks like we're somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3,000 tickets away from this being a sellout. If you're on this board and are a Wake fan, we owe it to this team to sell this game out. Bring a friend, bring your family, and encourage whoever you can to purchase a ticket (starting at only $20!) for this game. We're the number 13 team in the country ffs. If you're a football fan in the triad, even if you're not a Wake fan, there's no reason you shouldn't be interested in seeing such a highly ranked team play for so cheap on a beautiful fall Saturday afternoon.

Looking at around 2,000 seats left. Spread the word, the team deserves a sellout. Students are amped for the team so it's going to be interesting to see whether or not that translates into actually staying at the games. If we're playing the way we should be it'll probably be over by the half anyway, so maybe the State game will be the better indicator, but I hope this student excitement translates to willingness to stay for the full 3.5 - 4 hours.

Whether we are winning big or the game is close or losing big everyone should be there stay there and let them know you are behind them.

The weather forecast is improving for Saturday. Not sure what the crowd will be but just among my friends in Raleigh (guys around 50 years old) the excitement level is high and many more are planning to go than usual. Probably 15-20 more than normal. Not scientific, just anecdotal. Go Deacs!!

Most importantly, what’s our uni combo looking like?

I am assuming if they are hyping up a black out, we will be in all black.

I saw on campus today that they are giving out T-shirts to the first 1000 students to enter the game.

I will say it appears Duke plays like trash on the road getting blown out by UNC and UVA as well as losing to UNCC giving them their first ever P5 win, but solid at home beating NW, Kansas (gave OU a run for their money) and almost upsetting the jackets if not for a late Tech score.

Let's hope that trend holds and we get up early and big and our D actually gets some stops as think they will be out to prove they are a better unit than they showed this past Sat. If both our O and D excel.....

Really hoping for a blowout, since I am bringing my five-year-old with me and we are going to be real iffy making it to the fourth quarter

Maybe we can section off part of the hill as the kids melt down area for the 4th quarter. I'm bringing my 4, 6 and 9 year old.

I hope it's a blowout because Duke sucks and Wake is playing for style points.

Is anyone heading up from the Charlotte area tomorrow for the homecoming festivities and wouldn't mind a hitchhiker? I fly in tomorrow and my ride now can't come up until Saturday and I would rather not rent a car. Could be some Deacon Brew in it for you!

Is anyone heading up from the Charlotte area tomorrow for the homecoming festivities and wouldn't mind a hitchhiker? I fly in tomorrow and my ride now can't come up until Saturday and I would rather not rent a car. Could be some Deacon Brew in it for you!

clearly you've never had deacon brew

Back