• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke at Wake, Saturday 10/30 at ...

Smells like a night time ACC network game to me.

I wish all our games were 7:00 ACCN. I don't think being on ESPN means squat for recruiting. However, as long as we are ranked and/or undefeated I think ESPN will grab us...and stick us at noon because we are Wake...

It was a joke - Of course Dan Bonner wasn't calling ACC football games

I figured it was, just was pointing out the Bonner, a basketball guy does do ACC baseball also. Not sure what kind of baseball background he has. I think Bonnor went to the Billy Packer (since remember Billy doing Putt-Putt tournaments on Sunday mornings) school of "I will call anything for money." Of course, we have a baseball guy doing color commentary opposite of Stan on our radio broadcasts.

Last edited:
We need to get Gruden in the booth with Cotten.

I think State has actually had more noon kickoffs than we have in recent history, which is particularly unfortunate because their tailgating scene is great. I have a very good feeling that our game against them is going to be a night game, and that our game against Duke is going to be at noon. I'll be in Vegas for the Duke game, so I guess I have to start drinking at the sports book at about 8 am.

This is correct; a few years ago they had like 3 in a row to open the season in 90+ degree heat. Lots of complaining (justified IMO) from the season ticket holders over that one.

Lest we forget, although we pulled out an eventual 12 point win the last time here on the shoulders of Walker and Carney, Duke retook the lead twice on KO returns for TDs....by the same dude!

They also had a "Syracuse QB" (i.e. a guy who couldn't throw). This year they have a freshman Daniel Jones. He'll probably put up big numbers (who doesn't?), but hopefully we can pick him 2 or more times.

Last edited:
Lest we forget, although we pulled out an eventual 12 point win the last time here on the shoulders of Walker and Carney, Duke retook the lead twice on KO returns for TDs....by the same dude!

They also had a "Syracuse QB" (i.e. a guy who couldn't throw. This year they have a freshman Daniel Jones. He'll probably put up big numbers (who doesn't?), but hopefully we can pick him 2 or more times.
I see you have returned to your schtik.

Cutcliffe can spend the week in a Holiday Inn and it won't help. Most overrated/hyped coach ever.

They also had a "Syracuse QB" (i.e. a guy who couldn't throw. This year they have a freshman Daniel Jones. He'll probably put up big numbers (who doesn't?), but hopefully we can pick him 2 or more times.

Giants fan living the Daniel Jones nightmare.

Jones had a bad ankle in that game IIRC which he reinjured on a tackle.

Point is, we struggled with them at home when they really didn't have a throwing QB for their type of O.

I don't know what Wake D you guys are looking at but it's not going out on a limb to predict high passing yards vs us...

Danny Dimes is a no talent assclown and should be jettisoned into the sun.

Sincerely,

A Giants Fan

Back