• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke at Wake, Saturday 10/30 at ...

Cut is an arrogant dick just like their basketball coach

What time do they release the gametimes?

Should be in the next 60-90 minutes, unless networks are negotiating/trying to decide about using a 6-day hold. Follow Matt Sarz on twitter, he does a good job updating the times.

WE need to hang 60 on them and expedite terd-buckets demise.

Nice to avoid those two RSN slots. That’s the benefit of being ranked.

Hopefully we put 'em away early. I got a concert that night and don't want to have to keep checking my phone.

Duke is bad, and they just lost 48-0 to UVA, on a field where UVA could not stop the WF offense. Even so, Duke has a bye this week, heading into WF. Also, for whatever reason, Duke seems to play WF tougher at Groves, and than at Duke. Additonally, Duke already played and lost to UNC; so, this is Duke's most significant game left. Not saying Duke will win, just that WF will get Duke's class "A" effort next week. That's thing about WF getting recognition, opponents' circle playing you on the schedule rather than the other way around. That a part of being good, beating teams when the game is more important to them.

That a part of being good, beating teams when the game is more important to them.
I understand your overall meaning, but we're sitting on a dream season and the last thing our guys & particularly Clawson want is to have it derailed by, of all teams, Duke. They have spoiler motivation but ours is far, far greater. We roll.

I get the point of "dream season" and all that. While understanding it and no offense intended I just don't have that take at all. WF has been to 5 bowl games with winning seasons and won three of those bowl games in the last 5-6 years. WF has been inching closer and closer to competing for a return trip to the ACCC under the successor coach to the one who took them to an ACCC victory. While playing and coaching at WF is harder than at the state schools WF has put the work in to be competitive at this level without it being a "dream season." Of course, you cannot achieve goals without visualizing them so I guess there is that dream.

I guess we have different definitions of dream season, which is fine. For something to happen finally again this year that's only happened one other time in our lifetimes qualifies as dream for me.

posted on another thread, but Dook has committed 14 turnovers in 6 games against FBS opponents. That is...not good

Dook has fumbled into the opponent endzone twice for a touchback and another time on the opponent's 1-yard line.

But Dook's giveaways have been devastating to their defense. They gave up a scoop and score vs. UNC. Their turnovers have given opponents short fields of:

7 yards
17 yards
18 yards
43 yards
45 yards
47 yards
51 yards

Dook sucks. Punch the football out. Don't give it back to them. Win.

Was actually hoping for noon for this one to avoid the Florida-Georgia conflict.

Army is one our 3 toughest games remaining, behind 2- @Clemson and 1- State.

Gotta embarrass Duke. Those guys are giant tools. Every player and every coach from every sport.

Back