• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke at Wake, Saturday 10/30 at ...

Atlanta Deacon

Reaction score
Best guess on what time slot we'll get for homecoming on 10/30. Hard to make homecoming plans until the time is set. I'm guessing we'll either get noon on one of the ESPNs or 3:30 on the ACCN. Really don't want a night game.

Best guess on what time slot we'll get for homecoming on 10/30. Hard to make homecoming plans until the time is set. I'm guessing we'll either get noon on one of the ESPNs or 3:30 on the ACCN. Really don't want a night game.

Against Puke? Yeah, right, we'll be lucky to get 12:30 on the regional sports network.

Wife and I are coming for our 40th, therefore we are old and agree on the night game Atlanta Deacon. Is this a reunion year for you AD?

October 30 has a busy ACC schedule:

Duke at WF
FSU at Clemson
L'ville at NC State
Miami at Pitt
VT at GT
BC at Cuse

Also, not subject to ACC TV rights:

UVA at BYU
UNC at ND

Guessing that despite the disappointing seasons, FSU at Clemson gets the 3:30 ACC/ESPN time slot. Also, guessing that L'ville at State and Miami at Pitt would be considered higher profile, maybe even Cuse at BC and VT at GT. Think a noon or 12:30 kickoff is the most likely time slot for Duke at WF.

Looks like a noon or 12:30 kind of day to me...

North Carolina at 14 Notre Dame 7:30pm NBC
Virginia at 19 BYU
Boston College at Syracuse
Duke at 16 Wake Forest
Florida State at Clemson
Louisville at 22 NC State
Miami (FL) at Pitt
Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech

Unless there is a 6-day hold.....they haven't really used any so far this year for the ACC, so expect ESPN to load up on them in the last 5-6 weeks of the season.

they did for our Syracuse game, plus a few others last weekend

Unless there is a 6-day hold.....they haven't really used any so far this year for the ACC, so expect ESPN to load up on them in the last 5-6 weeks of the season.

Wake's last game (Syracuse) had the 6-day hold, along with two other games that day.

they did for our Syracuse game, plus a few others last weekend

Don't think it is considered a 6-day hold if all the start times are within a 30-minute window of each other....per Matt Sarz (my go-to college schedule site)

Re: ACC - Everything is in a 30 minute window difference and all are in the Disney family. Would assume it isn't a used six day hold.

Are the RSN games part of a 6 day hold this season? Our game and BC-Cuse look like the most likely RSN games.

Are the RSN games part of a 6 day hold this season? Our game and BC-Cuse look like the most likely RSN games.

Any game can be a part of a 6-day hold, since ESPN controls all of the inventory. RSN games are at the bottom of the pecking order and would typically show the least (TV) desirable conference matchup of the weekend, so usually the conference can identify the worst conference matchup in a particular week and "release" it to the RSN spot, if they need to hold other games.

Any game can be a part of a 6-day hold, since ESPN controls all of the inventory. RSN games are at the bottom of the pecking order and would typically show the least (TV) desirable conference matchup of the weekend, so usually the conference can identify the worst conference matchup in a particular week and "release" it to the RSN spot, if they need to hold other games.

Right. That's how it has worked in past seasons. But the 6-day hold for last Saturday had already slotted Tech-Duke for 12:30 RSN. I'm wondering if that's been the case in general this season.

Right. That's how it has worked in past seasons. But the 6-day hold for last Saturday had already slotted Tech-Duke for 12:30 RSN. I'm wondering if that's been the case in general this season.

I don't think ESPN considered last Saturday as a 6-day hold in their book. Moving games between 3pm and 3:30pm is not a big enough time difference to consider that one of their 6-day holds that they are allotted each season. Since Georgia Tech/Duke was the clear cut, bottom of the pecking order game last week, it went to RSN.

I'm sure there could be a situation where the 12:30pm RSN game is part of a 6-day hold, but typically ESPN is trying to decide between time slots for the better/more marketable teams, and that doesn't include who ends up in the RSN slot.

I'm sure ESPN loves the fact that Wake is the undisputed top team in the ACC right now.

Wake's not the problem here. Duke is the problem.

Back