Page 1 of 36 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 707

Thread: Duke at Wake, Saturday 10/30 at ...

  1. #1

    Duke at Wake, Saturday 10/30 at ...

    Best guess on what time slot we'll get for homecoming on 10/30. Hard to make homecoming plans until the time is set. I'm guessing we'll either get noon on one of the ESPNs or 3:30 on the ACCN. Really don't want a night game.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Deacon View Post
    Best guess on what time slot we'll get for homecoming on 10/30. Hard to make homecoming plans until the time is set. I'm guessing we'll either get noon on one of the ESPNs or 3:30 on the ACCN. Really don't want a night game.
    Against Puke? Yeah, right, we'll be lucky to get 12:30 on the regional sports network.

  3. #3
    Wife and I are coming for our 40th, therefore we are old and agree on the night game Atlanta Deacon. Is this a reunion year for you AD?

  4. #4
    When will the time be announced?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdinBama View Post
    When will the time be announced?
    Next Monday 10/18

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    Next Monday 10/18
    Unless there is a 6-day hold.....they haven't really used any so far this year for the ACC, so expect ESPN to load up on them in the last 5-6 weeks of the season.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by uncaboref View Post
    Unless there is a 6-day hold.....they haven't really used any so far this year for the ACC
    The acc never seems to call obvious holds

  8. #8
    October 30 has a busy ACC schedule:

    Duke at WF
    FSU at Clemson
    L'ville at NC State
    Miami at Pitt
    VT at GT
    BC at Cuse

    Also, not subject to ACC TV rights:

    UVA at BYU
    UNC at ND

    Guessing that despite the disappointing seasons, FSU at Clemson gets the 3:30 ACC/ESPN time slot. Also, guessing that L'ville at State and Miami at Pitt would be considered higher profile, maybe even Cuse at BC and VT at GT. Think a noon or 12:30 kickoff is the most likely time slot for Duke at WF.

  9. #9
    Looks like a noon or 12:30 kind of day to me...

    North Carolina at 14 Notre Dame 7:30pm NBC
    Virginia at 19 BYU
    Boston College at Syracuse
    Duke at 16 Wake Forest
    Florida State at Clemson
    Louisville at 22 NC State
    Miami (FL) at Pitt
    Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech

  10. #10
    Just give me that night game vs NC State

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by uncaboref View Post
    Unless there is a 6-day hold.....they haven't really used any so far this year for the ACC, so expect ESPN to load up on them in the last 5-6 weeks of the season.
    they did for our Syracuse game, plus a few others last weekend

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by uncaboref View Post
    Unless there is a 6-day hold.....they haven't really used any so far this year for the ACC, so expect ESPN to load up on them in the last 5-6 weeks of the season.
    Wake's last game (Syracuse) had the 6-day hold, along with two other games that day.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    they did for our Syracuse game, plus a few others last weekend
    Don't think it is considered a 6-day hold if all the start times are within a 30-minute window of each other....per Matt Sarz (my go-to college schedule site)

    Re: ACC - Everything is in a 30 minute window difference and all are in the Disney family. Would assume it isn't a used six day hold.

  14. #14
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    126,098
    Are the RSN games part of a 6 day hold this season? Our game and BC-Cuse look like the most likely RSN games.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Are the RSN games part of a 6 day hold this season? Our game and BC-Cuse look like the most likely RSN games.
    Any game can be a part of a 6-day hold, since ESPN controls all of the inventory. RSN games are at the bottom of the pecking order and would typically show the least (TV) desirable conference matchup of the weekend, so usually the conference can identify the worst conference matchup in a particular week and "release" it to the RSN spot, if they need to hold other games.

  16. #16
    A 7-0 WFU team should get a noon ESPN network game time.
    “I like the Deacs and I cannot lie”

  17. #17
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    126,098
    Quote Originally Posted by uncaboref View Post
    Any game can be a part of a 6-day hold, since ESPN controls all of the inventory. RSN games are at the bottom of the pecking order and would typically show the least (TV) desirable conference matchup of the weekend, so usually the conference can identify the worst conference matchup in a particular week and "release" it to the RSN spot, if they need to hold other games.
    Right. That's how it has worked in past seasons. But the 6-day hold for last Saturday had already slotted Tech-Duke for 12:30 RSN. I'm wondering if that's been the case in general this season.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Right. That's how it has worked in past seasons. But the 6-day hold for last Saturday had already slotted Tech-Duke for 12:30 RSN. I'm wondering if that's been the case in general this season.
    I don't think ESPN considered last Saturday as a 6-day hold in their book. Moving games between 3pm and 3:30pm is not a big enough time difference to consider that one of their 6-day holds that they are allotted each season. Since Georgia Tech/Duke was the clear cut, bottom of the pecking order game last week, it went to RSN.

    I'm sure there could be a situation where the 12:30pm RSN game is part of a 6-day hold, but typically ESPN is trying to decide between time slots for the better/more marketable teams, and that doesn't include who ends up in the RSN slot.

  19. #19
    I'm sure ESPN loves the fact that Wake is the undisputed top team in the ACC right now.

  20. #20
    Wake's not the problem here. Duke is the problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •