• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Do the Canes pull out a victory versus Mighty Buffalo tonight? It's the first of back-to-back home and home with them this week.

Sabres are 7-2-3 over their last 12, with 6 of those going to OT (3 of those to shoot-outs), so they've been playing well, or at least staying in games to the end. Plus they're playing at home.

Hurricanes over that span are 5-4-3 (2 SO losses).

I predict another heartbreaking loss with Skinner and Tuch having multi-point games for the opposition.

Do the Canes pull out a victory versus Mighty Buffalo tonight? It's the first of back-to-back home and home with them this week.

Sabres are 7-2-3 over their last 12, with 6 of those going to OT (3 of those to shoot-outs), so they've been playing well, or at least staying in games to the end. Plus they're playing at home.

Hurricanes over that span are 5-4-3 (2 SO losses).

I predict another heartbreaking loss with Skinner and Tuch having multi-point games for the opposition.

The Canes should easily take four points from these two games. Buffalo is terrible and the Canes should be rounding into playoff form. Top tier playoff teams DO NOT lose to terrible teams this time of year. They should come in with a chip on their shoulder after losing at home to a good Minnesota team this past Saturday.

Someone give me some ideas for players that will have a good night tonight, not just Canes, but across the board.

I've got a ticket into a DFS contest where 1st prize gets $20K.

I'm thinking of fading Edmonton players against San Jose, since everyone's going to be going after McDavid and Draisaitl. I might go for a lower tier EDM player like Hyman, Puljujarvi or Yamamoto.

Pittsburgh/Colorado is gonna be tough to call as will Florida/Toronto.

Boston vs Detroit has a lot of potential plays.

Minny vs Nashville.

I just don't know where to pull my players.

I almost always end up stacking 4 Carolina players and some big names from Colorado/Edmonton/Toronto/Boston/Calgary...but there are so many games tonight it's gonna come down to a lot of luck.

Right now I'm tinkering with this:

C - V. Trocheck (CAR) $4,500

C - P. Bergeron (BOS) $7400

W - T. Teravainen (CAR) $5300

W - B. Marchand (BOS) $7500

W - T. Hall (BOS) $5100

D - T. DeAngelo (CAR) $6200

D - T. Harley (DAL) $2500

G - D. Kuemper (COL) $7800

UTIL - J. DeBrusk (BOS) $3600

Though that goes hard on CAR and BOS. I'm always torn on whether or not to stack Power Play lines on good matchups or try to spread out players from different teams.

Too many mistakes tonight, absolutely gifted the Sabes two goals.

Meanwhile Florida rallies from 5-1 down to win. Gotta give them props, have absolutely earned the #1 seed if that indeed comes to pass

Leafs schadenfreude aside, that's Florida's second comeback from a 4 goal deficit in three games.

I wish the Canes could show that kind of resolve and determination. It just doesn't feel like they've been the same team since the beginning of March.

Coasting into the playoffs is a good way to drop two home games and be down 2-0 in your opening series to a scrappy 7 seed.

Florida is the first team to clinch a playoff berth. The Cats are hoping to advance to the second-round for first time since...1996.

They'll very likely be matched up with Washington, so I like their odds.

Speaking of the Caps: they played just two games in the last ten days, and both were drubbings at 6-1 and 5-1. It's a good thing they banked all those points at the beginning of the season.

Just looking back, but that's gotta be in the Eastern Conference right?

Surely Colorado has sealed a spot by now.

Cats clinched Sunday, Avs clinched last night.

The East has no one 9-16.

The East has no one 9-16.

Already eliminated: Habs, Devils, Flyers, Sens, Sabres
On the chopping block: Wings, BJs, Isles

If you combine Detroit, Columbus, and Long Island's chances to make the playoffs, you get:
Athletic: 0%
Moneypuck: 0.4%
Sports Club Stats: 0.4%

There is one somewhat interesting development in the East: the first wild-card team won't necessarily be Boston. The Bruins have been consistently good lately, while Tampa has not.

Canes fans: who would you rather see?

There is one somewhat interesting development in the East: the first wild-card team won't necessarily be Boston. The Bruins have been consistently good lately, while Tampa has not.

Canes fans: who would you rather see?

100% would rather play Boston. We went 3-0 against them in the season series and outscored them 16-1. Plus, I think the Canes right now are kind of plugging along waiting for the playoffs, and a series against Boston would wake everyone the fuck up.

Yes to Boston.... Do not wanna play Tampa again this year.

I'm starting to get worried we'll lose the Metro lead to NYR. We need to win tonight. Sure would work toward cheering me up.

But I'd rather play Pittsburgh than the Bruins or Lightning (or Maple Leafs), so losing the division lead might actually be a good thing

How do we all feel about the black pants BTW? Think I like em better tonight with the red jersey than on the road with the white

Glad we won...was sweating that in the 2nd period.

I like the black pants. We've worn them with white jerseys?

Yeah we wore 'em on Tuesday as well. First times in franchise history, a little weird to change it up in the middle of a season -- if we hadn't come back tonight I'd say ditch 'em foever

Back